close Video Rep. Hurd: We need to empower people, not the government Texas Rep. Will Hurd speaks out on his decision to retire, diversity in the GOP on ‘The Story.’ Rep. Will Hurd, R-Texas, appeared on Fox News’ “The Story” Friday and discussed his upcoming retirement and his future in the Republican Party. “I’m still a Republican,” Hurd told guest host Jon Scott. “Just because I’m not in Congress, [that] doesn’t change that. So I’m looking forward to continuing to make sure that the Republican Party looks like America.” JOHN RATCLIFFE WITHDRAWS NAME FROM TOP INTELLIGENCE POST AS TRUMP BLAMES ‘LAMESTREAM MEDIA’ Hurd, who announced Thursday he will retire from Congress at the end of his current term, told Scott that he thought the Republican Party “can be more diverse” when pressed on the issue. Hurd and Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., are the only two African-American Republicans in Congress. When asked about Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, withdrawing his name from consideration for director of national intelligence, Hurd called Ratcliffe ”a friend.” Hurd, a former CIA officer, also said that he hadn’t been asked about the job. “I don’t know Congressman Hurd, but I’ve heard he’s done a good job,” President Trump told reporters… Read full this story
- GOP Rep Nancy Mace Says 'More Republicans' Would've Backed Impeachment if It Wasn't Rushed
- What's the future of the Republican Party now?
- What would MLK say about Trump and the Republican Party?
- Ohio GOP Rep. Steve Stivers Supports $1400 Stimulus Check—Provided You Get COVID Vaccine
- Nolte: Looks like Disney’s Taking Back Promise of Black Captain America
- Capitol Police investigate report Maryland GOP Rep. Andy Harris tried to bring gun on House floor
- It's A Former NFL Player Vs. A Donald Trump Acolyte In A Battle For The Soul Of The Republican Party In Ohio
- GOP Rep. Mo Brooks Defends Fiery Speech Before Capitol Attack: 'We Were Depressed'
- Freshman GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Says She Will Introduce Articles Of Impeachment Against Biden On January 21
- GOP Rep. Meijer on Vote to Impeach Trump: I Put Country First Rather Than My Political Career
Retiring GOP Rep. Hurd 'wants to make sure the Republican Party looks like America' have 352 words, post on www.foxnews.com at August 2, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.