(Getty Images) MIAMI — Forecasters say the fourth tropical storm of the Atlantic hurricane season has strengthened as it moves toward the Lesser Antilles. The U.S. National Hurricane Center said Sunday that Tropical Storm Dorian could intensify to near hurricane strength over the eastern Caribbean Sea by Tuesday. As of 5 p.m. EDT Sunday, Dorian’s center was located about 375 miles east-southeast of Barbados and was moving westward at 14 mph. Maximum sustained winds had increased to 50 mph. A tropical storm warning is in effect for Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines. A tropical storm watch was issued for Grenada and its dependencies, as well as for Martinique. Forecasters say Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Haiti and the Virgin Islands should monitor Dorian’s progress.
- Up to 13 tropical storms, depressions to enter East Sea this year
- The worst US cyclone this year may be a weak tropical storm [Updated]
- 300,000 People Left without Power as Hurricane Harvey Is Downgraded to a Tropical Storm
- Tropical Storm Watch Issued As Storm Jose Approaches New Haven
- Emily Ratajkowski panics when her dog gets loose in Los Angeles after she and husband Sebastian move west during NYC's COVID-19 disaster
- Why Storms Like Hurricane Dorian Are So Hard to Predict
- Tropical Cyclone Harold Hits Vanuatu as It Is Upgraded to a Category 5 Storm
- West Virginia primary rescheduled over fears of virus spread
- Coronavirus: 'I've moved out to protect my family from the virus'
- The Slower Hurricane Dorian Moves, the More Dangerous It Is
Tropical Storm Dorian strengthens as it moves west have 252 words, post on www.reviewjournal.com at August 25, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.