Agrodolce – a traditional Italian sweet-and-sour sauce (agro means “sour” and dolce “sweet”) – is a mouthwatering tussle of contrast that seems to tickle every taste bud. Figs lend themselves to achieving the sauce’s yin-yang blast in a healthier way, because their inherent sweetness means little added sugar is needed to balance its vinegary pucker. The balsamic vinegar, with its own deep, natural sweet notes, gets simmered with browned shallot, some water and just a tablespoon of honey until the liquid is reduced to a sumptuously tangy syrup. Then, quartered black mission figs (an especially sweet variety) and a little salt and pepper are tossed into the warm sauce. (You can use any variety of fresh figs, but you may need to adjust the flavor with a little more honey depending on how sweet they are.) Here, the figs get scattered on a mound of simply dressed arugula – the pleasant pepperiness of the greens offsets the bold sweet-tang of the fruit – and partnered with bites of salty, silky prosciutto. It’s a salad so flavorful, you’ll wish you could have it all the time, but make it now while you can, during this relatively brief window of fresh fig… Read full this story
- Sennheiser CX 400BT review: Hits the right notes
- The right balance: On Shaheen Bagh and the right to protest
- Tadka - a spice-infused oil or ghee - can take any salad from ho-hum to flavorful
- Lip Smacking Quinoa Corn Vegan Salad: How To Prepare This At Your Home
- 'Fame is a sweet poison you drink of first in eager gulps. Then you come to loathe it.': Richard Burton's warning to a young Gabriel Byrne before he fell into vortex of drink and depression
- Lily James shares a sweet childhood throwback snap at the beach as fans declare she still has the 'same smile'
- 13 recipe ideas for leftover salad
- Recipe For Oil-Free Le Garden Protein Power Salad
- Ruth Langsford's flirty leopard print dress has fans swooning
- Trick or treat? Here are the stocks that have soured in 2020
A salad with figs, prosciutto and sweet-sour dressing hits all the right notes have 344 words, post on www.pressherald.com at September 8, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.