brexit countdown_bg Created with Sketch. Boris Johnson and his girlfriend Carrie Symonds were seen leaving Balmoral yesterday hours after he was warned he could go to prison if he refuses to delay Brexit. The former Director of Public Prosecutions, Lord MacDonald, 66, said on Saturday that should Mr Johnson decide to ignore a bill which prevents a No Deal exit he could face prosecution. This is because, should Mr Johnson ignore the bill, he could be found in contempt of court. Asked if it would be ‘an extreme outcome’, Lord MacDonald said ‘it is by convention that if you are found guilty of defying a court order then you are jailed’. A rebel anti-No Deal law is expected to receive Royal Assent on Monday after peers agreed to its passage on Friday. It will require the PM to seek a Brexit delay beyond October 31 if Britain and Brussels have not struck an agreement in the run up to Halloween. Mr Johnson had earlier said he would not entertain seeking another deadline extension from Brussels, as the incoming law compels him to do so if no agreement is in place by October 19. This comes as it was revealed MPs have… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson's estranged wife Marina Wheeler 'is crushed' and their four children 'furious' that he has become engaged to girlfriend Carrie Symonds and they are expecting a baby
- Boris Johnson and girlfriend Carrie Symonds engaged and expecting baby
- Baby power: Boris Johnson, girlfriend announce first child and engagement
- Boris Johnson to marry pregnant partner Carrie Symonds with baby due early summer
- Boris Johnson proposed in Mustique over Christmas: Prime Minister will be first to wed in office for 200 years as he expects summer baby with Carrie Symonds
- Boris Johnson’s fiancée Carrie Symonds wants a home birth and it could even be in Downing Street
- The power behind the throne: How Carrie Symonds went from humble Tory press officer to Boris Johnson's incredibly influential First Lady, dubbed the 'Duchess of Downing Street'
- Secretly pregnant Carrie Symonds beams the last time she was seen in public
- Two weddings, three affairs and a pole-dancing tech-guru: The very busy love life of Boris Johnson
- Boris Johnson braced for ‘mother of all battles’ with Remainer MPs — to stop ‘block Brexit forever’ secret plot
Boris Johnson and girlfriend Carrie Symonds are seen leaving Balmoral hours after he was warned he could go to PRISON if he carries through with his threat to ignore the law and refuse to delay Brexit have 374 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 7, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.