September 23, 2019 | 11:01 am GMT+7
Vu Cat Tuong will become the first Vietnamese artist to perform at Asia Song Festival in South Korea for two consecutive years.
According to the Asia Song Festival website, Tuong will perform in the first concert of this year’s festival, which will take place on October 11-12 at the Ulsan Stadium in the Ulsan City.
The concert will also showcase performances from South Korean artists WINNER, Eric Nam and APRIL apart from singers from Thailand, the Philippines, Australia and Malaysia.
Vu Cat Tuong performed in Hanoi, August 2019. Photo by VnExpress/Dai Ngo.
“It is such an honour for me to perform at Asia Song Festival the second time,” said Tuong. She said that one of her new songs would be performed at the festival next month. Last year, she sang her hit “If” in Vietnamese, Korean and English.
Tuong achieved fame soon after her first releases in 2014. She has worked with Universal Music Singapore on producing her songs.
The Asia Song Festival is an annual event organized by South Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism since 2004 to promote exchanges among Asian countries.
Before Tuong, Vietnamese singer Ho Quynh Huong had performed twice at the renowned music festival in 2006 and 2008, not in consecutive years.
- Vietnamese people join hands to save Mekong River
- Vietnamese frigate joins ADMM-Plus Maritime Security Field Training Exercise
- Modern, affordable Chinese toys become hot items for Vietnamese kids during Mid-Autumn Festival
- Vietnamese frigate joins fleet review marking Day of Russian Navy
- Catching Up With Song Hye Kyo: Here's What She's Been Up To
- Song Hye-Kyo Cancels Public Appearance In Light Of Sulli's Passing
- Vietnamese pop star to perform at ASEAN Fantasia 2019
- Ho Chi Minh City to hold first-ever Tet festival
- India’s Legendary Singer Lata Mangeshkar Battling Lung Infection at 90
- Maren Morris serenades Jimmy Kimmel on 52nd birthday with 'special' song featuring Wikipedia lyrics