Julie Hinds Detroit Free Press Published 10:21 AM EDT Sep 18, 2019 The winner hasn’t been announced yet, but the Detroit Youth Choir is already feeling like a million dollars in gratitude. “Just to know that our name is known throughout the United States and the world is amazing,” said choir director Anthony White by phone from Los Angeles on Tuesday night, after his group performed live on NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” finals. The competition was fierce last night, with Howie Mandel predicting that blind, autistic singer Kodi Lee would take home the $1 million prize and Simon Cowell telling the military-themed Voices of Service quartet that “you’ve just given yourself a chance at winning this whole competition.” But DYC gave it their all with a spirited version of the Macklemore & Ryan Lewis hit “Can’t Hold Us” — the same song that earned them a golden buzzer to the quarterfinals in June from host Terry Crews. “Detroit versus everybody!” raved Gabrielle Union afterward, praising the choir for its example of excellence. Tonight, they’ll go for a three-peat, by singing it again during the results show — this time with Macklemore himself. Why repeat the same song on such an important night? “It was an ‘AGT’ and DYC collaborative decision… Read full this story
- Beatles songs will finally be available to download on iTunes!
- Eurovision superfans counts down the final contest in Tel Aviv
- Pink and her daughter sang a song from 'The Greatest Showman' together and the video is adorable
- Thuyền buồm triệu đô “sang chảnh” lướt trên sông Sài Gòn
- David DiChiera, Who Gave Opera a Home in Detroit, Dies at 83
- Rogers Stevens riffs with Rock to the Future kids to create original song
- Vampire Weekend’s first song in six years is all over the place, in a good way
- Fund For Black-Owned Detroit Businesses Balloons to $18 Million
- Volkswagen, Ford take top awards at the Detroit auto show
- Detroit’s bet on China is looking iffy
Why Detroit Youth Choir sang the same song on 'AGT' finals have 342 words, post on eu.freep.com at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.