By Sarah Roberts on Oct 11, 2019 in Europe, Italy, Regions, Western Europe Italy is a country of great beauty, great culture and most importantly, great gelato! Seeing a place with fresh, naïve eyes is often a brilliant way to soak up your surroundings and experience the wonderment that you may have left behind in your childhood years. However, it is wise not to go into it completely blind, thus we have compiled a list of the 10 things you need to know before visiting Italy so that your trip is as seamless as possible! Tipping is not required In fact, in the South of Italy, it is often considered offensive to leave one! There has been controversy recently regarding the fact that tourists may often be preyed upon for extra tipping whereas locals very rarely tip! It is important to know the difference between service or cover charge which is mandatory in many restaurants, and tipping, which is always voluntary and not customary in Italy at all. Coffee is cheaper at the bar In typical Italian restaurants, there is always a different price for drinks ordered and enjoyed at the bar, and drinks ordered to the table, so order… Read full this story
- Top 10 Things NOT to do in Thailand – the basics (2020)
- Struggling Milan visits Verona needing to rebuild confidence
- 'I hope he feels my tears and knows we miss him so': Chrissy Teigen says this time is a 'rough reminder' of son Jack's due date as she shares throwbacks from shoot when she was pregnant and 'crazy happy'
- Disney Plus: Everything to know about streaming Disney movies and shows
- Disney Plus: Everything to know for Disney's streaming app
- Commentary: Is Airbnb’s IPO listing this week worth your investment?
- 'I was so scared of seeing him in my nightmares, I forgot about seeing him in my dreams': Chrissy Teigen reveals her 'daily remorse' over not looking at her stillborn son Jack's face
- How did Britain end up with the worst Covid-19 death rate in the world... and was there anything that could have been done to avoid the terrible toll?
- LeBron James breaks Kobe Bryant's career NBA points record
- Police 'are told to fine Covid rule-breakers after just ONE verbal warning' as three officers 'arrest a woman for sitting on a bench' and another is surrounded for 'leaving her house more than once'
10 things you need to know when visiting Italy have 387 words, post on www.aluxurytravelblog.com at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.