Catch the best of the season all across the country. Author: Kristin Smith Updated: Oct 11, 2019 Original: Oct 10, 2019 Unless you live in south Florida, there’s a fall show happening near you. Case in point: these 20 spectacular autumn hikes, which mix fall leaves with everything from beaches to waterfalls. Pick your region and get going. West Mt. Constitution Loop, Moran State Park, WA Aim for the sweet spot between summer crowds and winter cold on this 6.7-mile loop to the highest point in the San Juan Islands. With the first dusting of snow settling over the Cascade and Coast Ranges and bright red berries decorating the island’s madrones, the views are gorgeous near and far. On Orcas Island, Park at Mountain Lake, then brace your quads for the 1,500-foot, steep eastern face of Mt. Constitution. The climb winds through an evergreen and madrone forest until you reach the bare rock summit. Take a moment away from the mountain-to-sea panorama to look for glacial score marks on the summit rock before making you way to the stone watchtower that crowns the peak. This replica of a 12-century Russian watchtower was built in the 1930s by the Civilian Conservation Corps;… Read full this story
- Equipment Used For Hiking - What To Look For
- Adventures in Los Angeles - Hiking at Bear Creek
- Adventure in Colorado - Pikes Peak Hike
- A Fixed Rate Mortgage Could Be the Right Choice
- Why Stock Market Prices Rise and Fall
- Getting Ready To Go Camping
- Adventures in Peru - Cotahuasi Adventure Festival
- Hello From Ontario - A Driving Tour Along the Niagara Escarpment
- Fishing The Henry's Fork....Bob's Secret Hole...
- Mass Transit & Gasoline Prices: Time to Go Public?
20 Fall Hikes You Can Do Right Now have 274 words, post on www.backpacker.com at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.