Ha Van Thanh, 38, Lo Thi Lap, 45 and Ha Thi Thanh, 41, were sentenced to death, while Hoang Van Hung, 23 and Nguyen Van Hieu, 43, were sentenced to life in prison. Bui Minh Quang, 18, was sentenced to 18 years in prison.
Another suspect, Tran Phuong Lan of Hanoi, is still on the run.
In July last year, a police raid on Thanh’s house in Muong Sang Commune, Moc Chau District, netted over 7.6 kg of heroin and meth, prosecutors said.
Further investigation led to the arrests of Quang, Hung, Lap, Thanh and Hieu. All of them were charged with trading drugs.
Quang was found to have traded over 21 kg of heroin and meth, Thanh, 6.2 kg; Lap, 3.5 kg; Thanh, 3 kg; and Hieu, 2.5 kg.
Despite the country having some of the world’s toughest drug laws, including death for smuggling and trading, drug operations continue to be busted almost every week.
- Woman killed as passenger bus crashes into roadside ditch in northern Vietnam
- In Vietnam, 'rare blood club' members a ‘lifebuoy’ for needy patients
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 1
- Vietnam reports 5 new coronavirus patients, including 4 imported cases
- Couple in Vietnam’s epicenter retests positive for COVID-19 after recovery
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 19
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 20
- Many schools in Vietnam to resume classroom learning earlier than planned
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 21
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 22
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 24
- Street locked down after Chinese man tests positive for coronavirus in southern Vietnam
- Vietnam Airlines flight attendant to stand trial for spreading COVID-19
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 28
- Men sentenced to death for trafficking nearly 40kg of drugs from Cambodia to Vietnam
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 3
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 5
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 6
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 8
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 11
3 get death, 2 get life in northern Vietnam have 276 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 7, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.