One size does not fit all when it comes to traveling and exploring the world. For plus-size globetrotters, that presents some challenges along the way, whether it’s too-snug airplane seats or spa robes meant for someone of more diminutive stature. Take heart, though—the problems are surmountable. Where there is a desire to take a journey, there are workable solutions to ensure grand experiences. Tips for Plus-Size Travelers Here are tips geared to fellow voyagers of size, gleaned from my own travels as a Rubenesque gal who has racked up visits to more than 70 countries. Choose Size-Friendly Airlines In the U.S., most airlines require that you be able to lower both armrests and buckle up your seatbelt (using one extender). That’s the litmus test in determining whether you may be required to buy an adjacent (aka “comfort”) seat. If you do need an additional “comfort” seat, you’ll need to call the airline directly to book them. Policies differ by airline and by country, so don’t hesitate to talk to a customer service agent for clarification. The standard width for a seat used to be 18 inches, but that number has been shrinking steadily as airlines attempt to maximize profitability, despite… Read full this story
- Plus-Size Women Flocked to 'CurvyCon,' and Loved It. Their Credit Cards, Not So Much.
- Nice weather for it! Plus-size model Georgina Burke cosies up in a trench coat over her activewear as she leaves the gym on a chilly day in New York
- Beautiful plus-size bride proves a Sabyasachi wedding lehenga is for everybody
- Calling BS on Our ‘Plus Size’ Obsession
- Meet Zach Miko, the First ‘Brawny’—Not Plus-Size—Male Model
- Torrid's Plus-Size NYFW Show Defied Trump's Political Ugliness, Beautifully
- E!'s Nina Parker Designed Her Own Stunning 2020 Oscars Dress "Due to Very Limited Plus Size Options"
- Alyona Alyona, the plus-sized queen of Ukrainian rap
- 'I'm a model FULL STOP': Professional poser Stefania Ferrario comes out in support of Ajay Rochester after presenter's rant over size 14 being labelled 'plus size'
- Pix: Plus-size model Ashley flaunts her curves
9 Tips for Savvy Plus-Size Travelers have 351 words, post on www.smartertravel.com at October 2, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.