SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California will ban the sale and manufacture of new fur products and bar most animals from circus performances under a pair of bills signed Saturday by Gov. Gavin Newsom. Under the first-in-the-nation fur law, residents will no longer be able to sell or make clothing, shoes or handbags made of fur starting in 2023. California is the third state to ban most animals from circus performances, joining New Jersey and Hawaii. Animal rights groups cheered the fur ban as a stand against inhumane practices. The proposal was vigorously opposed by the billion-dollar U.S. fur industry, and the Fur Information Council of America has already threatened to sue. It follows Newsom’s signing of legislation that makes California the first state to outlaw fur trapping, and follows bans on sales of fur in Los Angeles and San Francisco. The new doesn’t apply to used fur products or fur used for religious or tribal purposes. And it excludes the sale of leather, dog and cat fur, cowhides, deer, sheep and goat skin and anything preserved through taxidermy. It could mark a significant blow to the fur industry that makes products from animals including mink, chinchillas, rabbits and other animals…. Read full this story
- Hotels For Sale In New York - Hotels For Sale In New York Review
- Rotational Moulding - The Ideal Process For Manufacturing Hollow Plastic Products
- Why Write a Sales Letter for Each Product?
- Stabilize Your Sales With A Solid Product Line
- Writing Sales Copy - Make Your Product's Benefits Sparkle!
- How to Find the Compelling Sales Pitch For Your Product Or Service
- How To Get Instant Traffic And Sales To Any Given Product
- Hotel Properties For Sale In NY - Hotel Properties For Sale In New York Review
- New Internet Product And Services Review Site
- Spanish Mortgages - New Mortgage products that really can save your (financial) life!
California to ban sale, manufacture of new fur products have 318 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.