LOS ANGELES (AP) — David Freese is retiring after a 10-year career that included a World Series title with the St. Louis Cardinals in 2011 when he was MVP.The 36-year-old infielder made the announcement Saturday on Twitter.He made his final appearance Wednesday in a deciding Game 5 of an NL Division Series, striking out as a pinch-hitter for the Los Angeles Dodgers. They lost 7-3 to the Washington Nationals. Freese had started Game 1 at first base.Freese batted .315 in 79 games for the Dodgers this season, with 11 home runs and 29 RBIs. He played his final two years with the Dodgers after stints with the Los Angeles Angels and Pittsburgh.He made his major league debut with the Cardinals in 2009 and became a postseason star two years later. Freese batted .545 with 12 hits in the NL Championship Series in 2011. He also set a MLB postseason record with 21 RBIs and earned MVP honors in the NLCS and World Series.———More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP—Sports Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Road Safety World Series 2020: Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar help India Legends defeat West Indies Legends by 7 wickets
- Road Safety World Series | Sehwag, Sachin roll the clock back
- Washington area lawmakers celebrate Nationals title with World Series trophy
- Road Safety World Series: Sachin Tendulkar's India Legends face Brian Lara's West Indies Legends in opener
- Road Safety World Series 2020: Sehwag fires India Legends to win
- Sachin Tendulkar drives, Virender Sehwag cuts, Zaheer Khan yorkers take everyone 10 years back in Road Safety World Series
- Road Safety World Series 2020: Sachin Tendulkar returns to Wankhede amid familiar roar of 'Sachin-Sachin'
- India Legends vs West Indies Legends: Zaheer Khan turns back clock with stunning catch at Road Safety World Series - Watch
- Road Safety World Series: Jonty Rhodes, Albie Morkel guide South Africa Legends defeat West Indies Legends by 6 wickets
- Road Safety World Series: Jonty Rhodes, Albie Morkel guide South Africa Legends to 6-wicket win over West Indies Legends
David Freese, former World Series MVP, retires at 36 have 340 words, post on gazette.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.