Video PlayerClose CAIRO, Oct. 14 (Xinhua) — Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi on Monday congratulated Tunisian president-elect Kais Saied on his victory in the presidential election. “I extend my sincere congratulations to the brotherly people of Tunisia on the implementation of the presidential election and electing the president,” Sisi wrote on his official Facebook account. He wished Saied “good luck,” adding he is looking forward to “more constructive cooperation between the two countries in all fields as well as forming a common vision to solve various issues of common concern.” Saied, a 61-year-old law professor, won the first Tunisian presidential election since the death of former President Beji Caid Essebsi on July 25. As an independent presidential candidate, he garnered 72.71 percent of the votes in the second round of the presidential election held on Sunday, defeating Nabil Karoui, a media mogul and leader of the Heart of Tunisia party.
- Bernie Sanders looks beyond contests in Iowa and New Hampshire
- Lando Calrissian is back! Billy Dee Williams, 82, returns to the Star Wars franchise in Rise Of Skywalker as he is seen in new teaser
- Mohamed Morsy, ousted Egyptian president, dies in court
- 626 election death toll unacceptable
- Boris Johnson vows to freeze income tax as he unveils Tory election manifesto
- In Depth | Jharkhand Assembly Polls 2019: The Naxalite movement and how it affects elections in the state
- ‘Hard to Believe’ Bolivian Coup Government Will Relinquish Power to Leftist in New Elections
- Egypt names 16 new govs ahead of anticipated cabinet reshuffle
- Trump Card: US President 'Still Has Room for Maneuver' Despite Sanctions Bill
- General Election 2019: Parties halt election campaigning after London Bridge attack
Egyptian president congratulates new Tunisian president-elect have 270 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.