MILAN (AP) â Even as his U.S. career seemingly winds down amid accusations of sexual harassment, opera legend Placido Domingo remains on the bill of a host of European opera houses. But cracks, even if slight, are beginning to show in his support. The 78-year-old singer who rose to stardom as a tenor has been confirmed to sing the baritone title role in “Nabucco” at the Zurich Opera House in Switzerland on Sunday. It will be Domingo’s first performance since he stepped down Oct. 2 as general director of the Los Angeles Opera and withdrew from future performances at the company. The move left the star with no more U.S. dates on his public calendar, putting a question mark over his professional future in a country where he thrived artistically for decades. In addition to LA Opera, three U.S. musical companies already had canceled Domingo performances, and he also pulled out of a series of appearances at New York’s Metropolitan Opera under pressure. The U.S. response has been relatively decisive in the wake of a pair of reports by The Associated Press in August and September based on interviews with more than 20 women who accused Domingo of sexual harassment… Read full this story
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor
- How Europe does second referendums
- Protests as Spain cabinet goes to Barcelona
- Global Outreach? Toblerone Goes Halal, Provoking Fear of Europe's ‘Islamisation'
- Passengers stranded as Flybmi goes into administration
- French 'yellow vest' boxer goes on trial
- Plácido Domingo: “I like Reggaeton music, but I'd never dare sing it”
- The Rocky Horror Show returns to Manchester Opera House next week
- EastEnders fans fear beloved legend will be killed by psycho Stuart
- EastEnders legend makse shock return and fans think she looks ten years younger
For opera legend Placido Domingo, the show goes on in Europe have 312 words, post on www.baynews9.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.