Others are learning self-defense skills following the murder of several colleagues. It’s only 8 p.m., but 42-year-old Nguyen Hung Thuan, who has been a GrabBike driver for around two years, has stopped receiving bookings from customers, choosing to merely sit and surf the internet at a corner of Nguyen Cong Tru and Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Streets in District 1. Normally, early morning and night-time are the peak hours for GrabBike drivers to earn extra money because of higher demand. “I used to pick up passengers until 11 p.m. and return home close to midnight, but now I don’t dare to. I am afraid of being robbed and killed,” said Thuan, who rents a room in District 8 with his wife and two children. “After 8 p.m. I turn off my ride-hailing app and take a rest. Anyone would like to earn more money, but safety comes first. Some of my people have lost their lives after late-night trips to remote areas and outlying districts because they were not careful. ” Le Hung Minh, 32, who works as a mason during the day and dons the green Grab jacket in the night, also said he feared robbery and violence from… Read full this story
- 'No one wants to take the blame': Croydon tram crash survivors and families blast decision not to charge driver who fell asleep at the controls or TfL with manslaughter over 2016 tragedy that killed seven
- Woman crashes her car into a hair salon sending customers running for their lives after mistaking the throttle for the brake
- Should every driver resit their test aged 70? This motorist, 87, accidentally killed a woman then died days after being jailed – sparking a furious debate over stricter rules that could rob the elderly of a lifeline
- Britain braced for Iran revenge: Security chiefs fear UK citizens in the Gulf and troops stationed in the region could be in the firing line after Donald Trump's decision to assassinate General Qassem Soleimani
- Dust from car BRAKES is as harmful as diesel fumes: Pollution 'damages the immune system and raises the risk of lung infections'
- Several trials after, drivers face fresh prosecution for fatal accident
- Suzuki Motorcycle India unveils BS-VI compliant Access 125 with alloy drum brake at Rs 64,800 onwards
- Qassem Soleimani's 'friend in battle' who also served in Iran-Iraq war steps from the shadows to take over feared Quds force
- Smearing fake faeces on rubber hands could help millions of OCD sufferers overcome their fears of touching dirty surfaces such as toilet seats
- CONTAINERISED TRUCKS: Tanker drivers dying in silence in Apapa — Comrade Atanda
GrabBike drivers brake early, fearing for their lives have 429 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.