Police in central California say they have located a 4-month old baby boy who was allegedly kidnapped by a homeless man.
The Hanford Police Department says the baby was found safe in Lemoore about 10 miles (16 kilometers) west of Hanford, where the child was abducted. The suspect identified as 42-year-old Wesley Williams was taken into custody.
Investigators tell the Fresno television station Williams called police stating that he had the child and asked about his rights. They say officers directed him to return the baby, but he did not do so and turned off his phone.
Police initially believed this was a child custody dispute but have since confirmed it was a kidnapping
- Amber Alert Chicago, Illinois: Abducted 7-Month-Old Found
- Missing 3-month-old from Seminole County found safe
- Baby sitter charged months after death of Houston 6-month-old
- Birmingham 11-month-old taken by teen mother during DHR visit found safe in west Alabama
- Dad gets 42 months for beating 6-month-old daughter
- Amber Alert issued in SoCal for missing 15-month-old boy
- Missing 12-year-old girl found safe
- In Minneapolis, leaders grapple with a sudden homeless camp
- 39 homeless people died by homicide in Denver over the past decade. More than a dozen of those cases remain unsolved
- Outreach court in Waianae lends a hand to homeless
- As Seattle adapts its response to the homelessness crisis, activist groups face uncertain future
- Authorities look for man accused of kidnapping daughter
- Houston police ID man they believe sexually assaulted women he met online
- Virginia police officer charged in death of Maryland baby
- Parma City Schools adding police presence to middle school buildings
- Homeless woman accused of trying to kidnap 6-year-old girl
- Formerly homeless residents of Van Nuys building find their lives in limbo, after visit from city inspector
- Van Nuys building was a haven for homeless, then a city inspector showed up
- Elizabeth Smart Responds to Release of Wanda Barzee, Woman Who Aided In Kidnapping: 'It Is Incomprehsible'
- Migrants seeking safe harbor in the U.S. must first survive shootouts and shakedowns in Mexico
Hanford Police: 4-month-old kidnapped by homeless found safe have 315 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.