Police in central California say they have located a 4-month old baby boy who was allegedly kidnapped by a homeless man.
The Hanford Police Department says the baby was found safe in Lemoore about 10 miles (16 kilometers) west of Hanford, where the child was abducted. The suspect identified as 42-year-old Wesley Williams was taken into custody.
Investigators tell the Fresno television station Williams called police stating that he had the child and asked about his rights. They say officers directed him to return the baby, but he did not do so and turned off his phone.
Police initially believed this was a child custody dispute but have since confirmed it was a kidnapping
- Police appeal to find missing mother and her 18-month-old son
- Florence death toll at 17, including three-month-old baby
- One arm is plenty for 21-month-old Ella who builds, paints and eats with her feet
- The bus-lane bullies; Helping the homeless; Safe driving centre; Driven, by Rosemary
- Man battered three-month-old baby leaving him with 8 broken bones
- Police say Uttlesford remains ‘a safe place to live’ despite increase in reported crime
- Shoeless 18-month old toddler found wandering the street at night
- Mum and 18-month-old baby are missing from Swansea
- Arrests after barefoot 18-month-old baby found crying alone in street at night
- Mother and ex-partner charged with murder of her 22-month-old daughter