Police in central California say they have located a 4-month old baby boy who was allegedly kidnapped by a homeless man.
The Hanford Police Department says the baby was found safe in Lemoore about 10 miles (16 kilometers) west of Hanford, where the child was abducted. The suspect identified as 42-year-old Wesley Williams was taken into custody.
Investigators tell the Fresno television station Williams called police stating that he had the child and asked about his rights. They say officers directed him to return the baby, but he did not do so and turned off his phone.
Police initially believed this was a child custody dispute but have since confirmed it was a kidnapping
- Police: Connellsville Man Kidnapped, Brutally Assaulted And Robbed
- Bandits kill 1, kidnap 9 including six month old child in Niger State
- Banditry, kidnapping in Niger East: Senate urges FG to establish permanent military base
- After 2 Homeless Found Dead On Subway, NYC Details Plans To Reach ‘Human Beings Whose Lives Came Unglued’
- Dramatic moment cops open fire and kill drunk dad who kidnapped his six-year-old son, led police on high-speed chase and opened fire with AK-47 injuring a trooper
- Police arrest a man and a woman, both 29, in search for missing 16-year-old girl whose phone was switched off in a skate park near her home two hours after she was last seen
- 'I might have died if they hadn't rescued me': life inside the new hotels for the homeless
- Cops begin seizing homeless people's begging cups as 'proceeds of crime'... and they even took one poor man's change on CHRISTMAS EVE
- Police chief resolves backlog over testing of rape kits
- Homeless tents in San Francisco's Tenderloin District increase by 300% during coronavirus outbreak leaving streets 'unsanitary, unsafe, and often impassable,' says lawsuit
- Vallejo appoints Joe Allio as new interim police chief
- Delhi police to separate law and order duties from investigation
- Berkeley police inaction raises questions about teen rape inquiry
- How to keep your home safe when you return to work: Expert reveals the steps everyone should to protect their property - from securing the letterbox to repairing the garden fence
- Pune police provide transport facility to stranded workers
- Australian police sting brings down paedophile forum on dark web
- On Duty: Covid-19 is proving to be a harrowing time for police
- Keep your eyes on the road! Nosy e-scooter rider is so busy watching police that he crashes into their parked patrol car
- England star John Stones, 25, is spoken to by police over claims he used CCTV to spy on his 25-year-old ex at £6million mansion they once shared
- 'Chilling' moment raging knifeman brandishing an eight-inch blade charges at two police officers responding to a noise complaint before being pepper-sprayed
Hanford Police: 4-month-old kidnapped by homeless found safe have 431 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.