Police in central California say they have located a 4-month old baby boy who was allegedly kidnapped by a homeless man.
The Hanford Police Department says the baby was found safe in Lemoore about 10 miles (16 kilometers) west of Hanford, where the child was abducted. The suspect identified as 42-year-old Wesley Williams was taken into custody.
Investigators tell the Fresno television station Williams called police stating that he had the child and asked about his rights. They say officers directed him to return the baby, but he did not do so and turned off his phone.
Police initially believed this was a child custody dispute but have since confirmed it was a kidnapping
- Missing 14-Year-Old Flint Girl Safely Returns Home After Two-Day Disappearance
- 8-Year-Old Kidnapped In Pennsylvania Found In Detroit, State Police Say
- Mother recalls how ‘nagging’ about car seat safety likely saved three-month-old son’s life
- Man, 23, missing for two months in London found safe and well
- Two kidnapped US missionaries freed amidst kidnapping epidemic in Haiti
- Haiti gang seeks $1.3 million ransom per person for kidnapped US missionaries
- Plans For Midtown Homeless Shelter On ‘Billionaires Row’ Put On Hold By Court Order
- ‘She Was A Beautiful Person’: Friends, Neighbors, Remember 69-Year-Old Woman Killed Inside Southern Baptist Church
- JAN MOIR: The liberals wring their hands, but you SHOULD get life for killing a police officer
- Internal Affairs File Reveals Robert Vicosa’s Troubled Past With Baltimore County Police Department
- Livermore, Pleasanton Police Break Up Catalytic Converter Theft Ring After 11-Month Investigation
- Police Plead With Former Baltimore County Cop Accused In Kidnappings To Return Daughters Safely
- Timeline: The Robert Vicosa Kidnapping Case
- Degree student arrested for 7-year-old’s kidnap
- Police now say 5-year-old Michael Vaughn, missing since July, likely kidnapped near home
- ‘I Need Them Home’ Mother Pleads For Girls’ Safe Return After Abduction By Armed Ex Baltimore County Cop
- Ex-Baltimore County Cop Accused Of Kidnapping Daughters Could Be With BCPD Sergeant
- Haiti gang seeks $17M for kidnapped missionaries: reports
- Los Angeles launches program to divert 911 calls related to homeless to outreach teams
- Get rid of the evil cops… or the entire Met Police will be toxic
Hanford Police: 4-month-old kidnapped by homeless found safe have 339 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.