The Santa Ana winds heated up Friday as they squeezed through San Diego County’s canyons, making some areas at and near the coast hotter than the foothills and desert. Here’s a sample of the day’s high temperatures:Oceanside Airport, 93; Poway, 92; Santee, 92; Miramar, 91; Escondido, 90; Rancho San Diego, 89; Brown Field, 89; Fallbrook, 89; El Cajon, 89; San Marcos; La Mesa, 88; Carlsbad, 88; Montgomery Field, 87; Oceanside Harbor, 87; Rancho Bernado, 87.Lemon Grove, 86; San Diego International Airport, 85; Ramona, 85; Chula Vista, 85; Alpine, 85; Encinitas, 84; Valley Center; National City, 83; Borrego Springs, 81; Campo, 75; Julian, 64; Mt. Laguna, 55.Peak winds during the 48-hour period ending at 1:45 p.m. Friday: Cuyamaca Dam, 66 mph; Alpine, 40 mph; Ranchita, 39 mph, Campo, 37 mph; Otay Mountain, 47; Fallbrook, 35; Julian, 33 mph; Borrego Valley Airport, 33; Descanso, 32 mph; Potrero, 32; Red Beach Airport, Camp Pendleton, 32 mph; Cameron, 30 mph; Ocotillo Wells, 30.Sea surface temperature, Scripps Pier: 69Source: National Weather Service
- 15 things to do this weekend in San Diego: EarthFair, Adams Avenue Unplugged, ‘Sister Act’
- Racing! Too darn hot (nationally)
- The Ultimate Bucket List of Essential Oregon Coast Experiences
- Experts say we know how to prevent another Camp Fire
- Racing! Looking at next year’s Kentucky Derby preps
- A wonderful week of adventures in captivating Cuba
Here's how hot it got Friday in San Diego's town and cities have 200 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.