HOUSTON (AP) — Aaron Hicks and CC Sabathia were added to the New York Yankees’ roster for the AL Championship Series against Houston, replacing Tyler Wade and Luke Voit. The Astros added right-handed relievers Brad Peacock and Bryan Abreu to their ALCS roster and left off starter Wade Miley and utility man Myles Straw. Hicks had been sidelined since Aug. 3 because of a flexor injury near his right elbow. In the first season of a $70 million, seven-year contract, the 30-year-old switch-hitter batted .235 with 12 homers and 36 RBIs in 59 games. Hicks began the season on the injured list after hurting his back early in spring training and didn’t play his first game until May 15. He could start in center field, causing Brett Gardner to shift to left and Giancarlo Stanton to designated hitter in moves that improve the Yankees’ outfield defense. If New York wants to keep Edwin Encarnación in the starting lineup and sacrifice infield defense, Encarnación could start at first and DJ LeMahieu could move to third in place of Gio Urshela. The 39-year-old Sabathia, who is retiring after this year, missed the Division Series against Minnesota because of a sore pitching shoulder…. Read full this story
- CC Sabathia retires: Yankees, athletes and fans send praise and bid farewell on Twitter
- World Series 2019: Why Nationals Vs. Astros Could Be the Greatest Pitching Matchup in History
- World Series WAGS Showdown, Dodgers vs. Astros
- James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Kate Upton behind home plate at Astros-Yankees game
- Ads Count, So Count Your Ads
- World Series 2019: How the Astros built their AL champion roster through trades, free agency and the draft
- CC Sabathia talked to Gerrit Cole about signing with the Yankees, says for the right deal Cole will come to NY
- CC Sabathia talked to Gerrit Cole about signing with Yankees, says for the right deal Cole will come to N.Y.
- Yankees ace CC Sabathia confirms retirement on Twitter: 'It's time to say farewell'
- A.J. Hinch 'disappointed' by clubhouse incident involving Astros exec: 'We all need to be better'
Hicks, Sabathia added to Yankees’ ALCS roster vs. Astros have 344 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.