(Getty Images) Whether your dream vacation involves trekking through ancient ruins or sunbathing on foreign shores, odds are it doesn’t come cheap. In fact, pricey hotel room rates, coupled with sky-high airfare and other fees, cause many people to put their travel dreams on permanent hold. However, there are ways to see the world without spending a bundle. The creator of the site Club Thrifty, Holly Johnson, blogs about saving money while traveling. In fact, she regularly takes several annual trips with her husband or her entire family. And, she pays next to nothing for these vacations, largely thanks to points earned through her credit card rewards. Here are some tips for choosing the right rewards programs so you can see the world and travel for free. Join Airline Loyalty Programs Many major hotel chains and airlines have loyalty programs that let members earn points for booking hotel rooms and flights. Once you have enough points, you can redeem them for free flights or hotel stays. “I’m a member of Southwest Airlines’ Rapid Rewards loyalty program,” said Johnson. “I fly about three times a year and typically earn enough points to score at least one free flight. Rapid Rewards —… Read full this story
- Here is our ‘World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth’ leveling guide
- The Humble Board Games Bundle includes 5 Asmodee Digital Android games
- Deal: Sony PlayStation VR – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Bundle for $239 – June 2018
- Upgrade to a new Xbox One for the holidays with $50 off bundles and other deals
- Learn to code in 2019 with this amazing bundle of courses!
- Amazon Takes On Netflix, Apple Streaming, Pushes Video And Music Spend To $7B
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne review: It won’t leave you cold
- The multi-play migration: The scramble to bundle continues apace
- 17 San Diego Comic-Con 2014 Exclusives To Consider Spending Your Hard-Earned Money On
- Paul Weller: there’s “not enough money in the world” to reform The Jam
How to see the world without spending a bundle have 328 words, post on www.reviewjournal.com at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.