LONDON — The parents of British teenager who was killed in a traffic accident involving an American diplomat’s wife are planning a trip to the United States as they lobby for the woman’s legal immunity to be lifted. Harry Dunn was riding a motorcycle that collided with a car outside a British air force base in England. The August crash killed the 19-year-old Dunn. The diplomat’s wife subsequently left Britain. His family appealed Saturday for anyone who saw her departure to share information. Dunn’s parents, Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn, say they are going to New York and Washington to build support and to pressure U.S. authorities “to do the right thing.”President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that U.S. officials would talk to the woman, whose name hasn’t been officially released. Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters. Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.
- Man accused of beating diplomat wife attacked her because of outfit: prosecutors
- EDITORIAL: Family wants tiny homes for the homeless
- Would you pay a public school district for pre-k? More families want this option
- 'There are no answers': A family pushes forward after losing teen to suicideYou may also be interested in...
- Saudi teen refugee 'had nothing to lose'
- Family wants MS legislators to help prevent DUI deaths
- Football killed ex-USC LB Scott Ross; His family wants NFL to do more about concussions
- Family wants to know why man accused of shoplifting was killed by cop
- Bush family wants funeral that avoids anti-Trump sentiment: report
- Man wanted in wife’s murder in Baltimore arrested in DeWitt
Late teens family wants US diplomats wife to lose immunity have 314 words, post on www.daytondailynews.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.