(CNN) — The first clue is the name itself: The Sake Place. In busy Kuala Lumpur, Danny Leong’s restaurant is a place to sit, relax and enjoy a glass of some of the world’s best sake. “I think the best way to get people excited about sake is food,” Leong says. “Everyone loves food!” And he knows what he’s talking about. Leong is the first person in Malaysia to earn the coveted title of Master Sake Sommelier, and he takes his role as a food and drink ambassador seriously. While Japanese food is popular in Malaysia, the idea of pairing sake with non-Japanese foods is a new twist that has been bringing curious diners into The Sake Place. “In this part of the world we use a lot of sauces and spices,” Leong explains. His star dish brings sake into one of those trademark sauces: shellfish glass noodles in a spicy assam broth. The Sake Place’s diverse menu includes a delicious Asian seabass dish. Courtesy The Sake Place The Sake Place combines food and drink with education: Leong regularly invites sake experts and brand owners from Japan to give lectures, teach master classes and host pairings at his restaurant. But… Read full this story
- Brexit meets Trumpism: the malign new force spanning the Atlantic
- ‘I Am A Dad’: Anderson Cooper Introduces His ‘New Love,’ Son Wyatt Morgan Cooper
- Captain America: Civil War to Introduce a New Hulk?
- 'What’s the most pain you've ever felt?' Thrilling new Deadpool 2 trailer introduces Josh Brolin as time-traveling mutant super-soldier Cable
- More than 800 New Yorkers line up in the rain at a food pantry in masks as 26 million across the US lose their jobs during the coronavirus pandemic
- Rubber glove shortage exposes migrant worker abuse in Malaysia
- Kevin Fiege Talks Iron Man 2, The Avengers and More [Exclusive]
- Asia Today: Concerns raised over Malaysia lockdown penalties
- US blasts China at Southeast Asian meeting on coronavirus
- SE Asia Stocks-Utilities drive Philippines 3% higher; Malaysia rises on oil
Meet the man Introducing Malaysia to new flavors have 328 words, post on rss.cnn.com at October 8, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.