South Dakota billionaire philanthropist T. Denny Sanford will have San Diego-based National University renamed in his honor.Sanford and the university announced Tuesday the school will be renamed Sanford National University. A formal launch is planned next July.Forbes reports Sanford has pledged $350 million to National University. The private, nonprofit school plans to dedicate the money to lowering the cost of college education for working adults, among other goals.Started in 1971, National University offers both online and campus-based programs for adult learners, and has about 28,000 students. Sanford previously donated $150 million to National University System to expand programs that include helping children learn skills in cooperation, communication and tolerance and helping teachers inspire students.In 2015, National University’s school of education was renamed Sanford College of Education.
- University Of Georgia will sell alcohol at football games, starting at $25K
- The Hill's Morning Report — Trump broadens call for Biden probes
- Black Reparations: Prof. on Why Dems 'Have No Sense of Economic Proportion'
- E-cigarettes aren't a 'gateway' to teen smoking, study says
- Rise in drug arrests among teenagers prompts 'county lines' concerns
National University to become Sanford National University have 175 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at October 8, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.