Published 12:19 pm CDT, Saturday, October 12, 2019 HONOLULU (AP) — Honolulu City Council has proposed a bill that would create a new property tax category for homeowners operating bed-and-breakfast establishments. The Star-Advertiser reports that City Council approved the first-reading of the bill Wednesday and the Budget Committee could take up the bill this month. City officials say the bill could be in effect by July 1 if passed. Officials say tax rates for each category are determined by ordinance by the Council each June. Officials say the new category could fall somewhere between the standard residential category currently $3.50 for every $1,000 of assessed value and the $13.90 hotel-resort category. City officials expect to issue up to 1,700 new permits for hosted B&B operations starting October 2020 after the Council approved a new vacation rental ordinance in June. ___ Information from: Honolulu Star-Advertiser, http://www.staradvertiser.com
- San Francisco Extends Property Tax Deadline, City Hall To Reopen For Payments
- Chandigarh: Residents can pay property tax till July 31
- Property tax: 1 lakh assessees in Chandigarh to get advance notices by May end
- California Ballot Initiative to Expand Property Tax Breaks for Wealthy Seniors Could Be Another Boon to GOP
- Property tax: Ludhiana MC offices reopened to accept payments
- Would you buy a ski home in France or Austria - and how much extra property tax could you end up paying if there's a Brexit?
- Half Of Property Tax Payments Deferred By 60 Days In Lake County
- North MCD unveils new property tax interface on its portal
- People decry PCMC’s property tax mandate to reopen their shops
- Lake County Set To Freeze Raises, Keep Property Tax Bill Schedule
New Hawaii bed-and-breakfast property tax category proposed have 272 words, post on www.mysanantonio.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.