Original EastEnders star Alexandra ‘Sandy’ Ratcliff died aged 70 after overdosing on morphine while suffering from two terminal lung conditions, an inquest heard today. Ratcliff, who played the much-loved character Sue Osman in the soap before falling from the public eye, died at a care home in Stoke Newington, North London. Appearing as Osman from the first episode of the BBC soap in 1985 until 1989, she took on a number of tough storylines including when she lost her baby to cot death syndrome before divorcing her husband, Ali, soon after. Alexandra ‘Sandy’ Ratcliff (left, in an undated image), who played much-loved character Sue Osman in the soap, (right, with her husband Ali) was found dead in a North London care home This prompted a years-long exploration of mental health on the popular show as Sue struggled with the grieving process, depression and the breakdown of her marriage. But off screen, she struggled with heroin addiction for about 20 years, an inquest at Poplar Coroner’s Court in East London heard. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Ex-Today host John Humphrys calls for Radio 4 show’s… Rod Stewart EXCLUSIVE: ‘He made it our dream wedding’:… Share this article Share She died aged… Read full this story
- Yes, Lea, we hear the people singing!
- What show did you quit watching after a character you loved was killed off?
- Remembering Glee’s quarterback
- Nurses share a side to their profession that most people don’t see
- With tears, tattoos, Prince fans remember him a year later
- C is for Courage
- Back to business
- The ‘nation’ thing? We have a problem there
- The most dangerous couple in the Philippines
- Bombshell report claims US ad agencies unethically pad their profits with secret rebate schemes
Original EastEnders cast member Sandy Ratcliff, 70, died from an accidental overdose alone in her care home, inquest hears have 277 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.