There are no signs of passenger activity slowing down at Hollywood Burbank Airport as the numbers continued to climb in July, jumping by about 19%.
The airport saw 541,942 passengers in July, 86,362 more than the same month last year, said Nerissa Sugars, Hollywood Burbank‘s manager of air service development, during a meeting of the Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport Authority on Sept. 23.
Southwest Airlines, the largest carrier at Hollywood Burbank, had 355,089 passengers in July, a hike of 34,069 passengers over last year.
American Airlines also had significant growth as it reported 33,119 passengers, an increase of 17,975 compared with the same month last year.
Sugars said the rise was due to the airline’s new flights to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
Delta Airlines had 24,935 passengers, up 10,870 from the year before because of its flights to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, according to Hollywood Burbank officials.
JetBlue Airways reported 18,790 passengers in July, which was up 10,434 from the same month in 2018.
Alaska Airlines had a relatively flat month with 64,646 passengers, just 732 more than the year before.
United Airlines continues to underperform as it reported 30,697 passengers, which was 2,384 fewer than in 2018.
Spirit Airlines, the newest carrier at Hollywood Burbank, had 14,666 passengers in July.
Parking revenue continued to climb at Hollywood Burbank as well. In July, the airport generated about $1.87 million, which is up by about $14,000 over last year.
The airport received an additional $401,142 from ride-hailing companies for the month, an increase of $148,698 compared with the year before.
Carpio writes for Times Community News.
- FANTASY NASCAR PREVIEW: Hollywood Casino 400 Driver Picks
- For Virgil, the million dollar quest continues
- Overpass in World Cup host city collapses onto busy highway
- The Latest: Video of restaurant shooting posted online
- Russian plane crash: flight recorder captured 'sound of explosion'
- The Latest: Paris man writes letter to his wife’s killers
- The Latest: Belgian minister can’t confirm main suspect died
- The Latest: Russia circulates UN resolution draft on IS
- The Latest: Interior Ministry condemns inter-faith violence
- The Latest: UN resolutions to address Islamic State
- The Latest: Identities of 2 killed in Paris raid unclear
- The Latest: 2 Paris climate talks marches banned
- The Latest: France backs away from raid suicide bomber claim
- The Latest: Police ban public demonstrations in Paris
- The Latest: France: 195 attack victims still hospitalized
- The Latest: Moldova arrests 2 trying to head to France
- The Latest: Swedish police search for terror suspect
- The Latest: Paris prosecutor: Terror cell was ready to act
- The Latest: Prosecutor: Police fired 5,000 rounds in raid
- Egypt plane crash: Russia says jet was bombed in terror attack
Passenger numbers continue to rise at Hollywood Burbank Airport have 397 words, post on www.latimes.com at October 6, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.