TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — Megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress, who has warned of a “civil war-like fracture” if President Donald Trump is impeached, was selected by Talladega Superspeedway to give Sunday’s pre-race invocation and wave the green flag. Trump last month tweeted a comment Jeffress made on “Fox & Friends Weekend” in which the senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas warned, “If the Democrats are successful in removing the president from office, it will cause a civil war-like fracture in this nation from which our country will never heal.” NASCAR has a tricky relationship with Trump after former chairman Brian France recruited several drivers to attend a 2016 rally, where France endorsed Trump’s candidacy. Trump seized it as an endorsement from the entire NASCAR entity. France later tried to stress this was strictly his opinion and he was not speaking for the entire sport. Two months later at a race at Texas Motor Speedway, Phil Robertson, founder of the Duck Commander company, prayed in his invocation that “we put a Jesus man in the White House,” and added “all right Texas, we got here via Bibles and guns.” Talladega on Saturday also named Edward Graham, who works in a… Read full this story
- Billionaire Trump backer Robert Mercer funded group that produced anti-Muslim ads for 2016 election, claims investigative group
- Donald Trump allies fear Robert Mueller is closing in on his tax returns
- Trump allies fear feds may have seized recordings made by Trump's lawyer: Report
- Trump observes National Day of Prayer at White House -- live stream
- Trump sought Robert Mueller's ouster in December: Report
- Syrian strikes help Emmanuel Macron cement position as key Trump ally ahead of Washington visit
- Trump ally Grenell to start duties as US enoy to Germany
- Romney slams minister that gave prayer at U.S. embassy in Jerusalem as "religious bigot"
- Donald Trump Jnr and special counsel Robert Mueller pictured waiting for the same flight amid Russia election probe
- Mitt Romney calls pastor speaking at Jerusalem embassy opening a ‘bigot’
Pastor, Trump ally Robert Jeffress to give Talladega prayer have 340 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.