PUBLISHED: 10:00 14 October 2019 Sophie Wyllie A generic image of workplace colleagues talking at a water cooler. Picture: Time to change/Newscast Online Time to change/Newscast Online People living with mental health issues can now receive a lifeline of support to get back into work thanks to a new service. Routes Employment Service has been launched by Norfolk and Waveney Mind which will work alongside community mental health teams around the county.It promises to offer people in Norfolk who have been living with mental health issues and receiving secondary care support to get them back into the workplace.Philip Eke, chief executive officer of Norfolk and Waveney Mind, said: “Employers are now in a critical position with recognising how vital mental health and wellbeing support in the workplace is. “Routes Employment Service offers a fundamental change in how we introduce and support people into the workforce, but there’s plenty that can be done from within your place of work. “Courses and workshops can inspire, engage and equip your colleagues and managers to be more confident.”He added: “People with severe mental health problems who find paid employment show reduced symptoms, improved quality of life, and financial independence.”Mr Eke claimed that just one… Read full this story
- Youth with mental health problems stay strong under Covid-19
- The 5 signs it’s time to take a mental health day
- ‘Lifelong Pal, Anxiety’: Why Ryan Reynolds, Naomi Osaka And Other Celebrities Need To Discuss Mental Health
- Expert Q&A: How to deal with mental health during pandemic
- Does football care about mental health?
- Americans are not getting the mental health treatment they need, report says
- Towards a stronger mental health strategy
- Covid: What is the mental health cost to the young?
- As an autistic woman, I’ve found mental health support lacking
- Here’s what employers can do about our mental health crisis
People with mental health problems to get more help into work have 306 words, post on www.edp24.co.uk at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.