YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP) – Drew Plitt threw two touchdown passes, ran for two more scores and rallied Ball State in the second half to beat Eastern Michigan 29-23 on Saturday afternoon. The Cardinals (3-3, 2-0 Mid-American Conference) trailed by three at halftime and fell behind 23-14 late in the third quarter. Plitt rallied his team, rolling right to unleash a 46-yard scoring strike to Justin Hall to close to 23-21. He then made good following an EMU interception with an 11-play, 61-yard drive capped by a 1-yard keeper for another Ball State touchdown. His 2-point conversion pass to Riley Miller gave the Cardinals a 29-23 edge with 11:36 to play. EMU was threatening to score again with eight seconds left when Jordan Williams sacked Mike Glass III nine yards out, forcing a fumble which was recovered by Ball State’s Amechi Uzodinma II to preserve the Cardinals’ win. Glass threw for 283 yards and a touchdown and ran for two more scores for the Eagles (3-3, 0-2). He was intercepted three times. Sign up for Daily Newsletters Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.
- Welp, Cartwright help UCI beat Eastern Michigan 52-48
- Rovig passes for 279 yards, Montana State beats Albany 47-21
- Aldridge, Spurs rally late to beat Kings 105-104 in OT
- Bryce, Hellems help NC State beat Wake Forest 91-82
- Ed Balls can beat George Osborne on his preferred economic battleground
- Jones scores career 21 as Penn State beats Georgetown
- New Mexico beats Texas-San Antonio 23-20 in New Mexico Bowl
- Ohio State Beating Wisconsin In The Big 10 Title Game Gets 12.49 Million Viewers
- Aldridge, Spurs Rally Late To Beat Kings 105-104 IOT
- Mets Rally In 9th, Beat Marlins 5-4 In 11 Innings
Plitt rallies Ball State to beat Eastern Michigan 29-23 have 280 words, post on www.washingtontimes.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.