How long will Mitt Romney stand up to President Trump? If history is the judge, as long as it’s good for Mitt Romney. For now, the senator from Utah and former Republican presidential nominee is at least sticking his neck out. And, being Romney, no doubt checking to see who else is following. With a few tweets from his personal Twitter account, Romney is now one of four Republican senators who have faulted Trump for trying to drag foreign countries into America’s presidential politics. The others are Ben Sasse of Nebraska, Susan Collins of Maine, and Rob Portman of Ohio. To the pro-impeachment brigade, this is exciting news. But anyone who knows Romney from his days as governor of Massachusetts also knows it’s way too early to nominate him for a Profile in Courage Award. At any given moment, Romney is looking out for what’s best — for Romney. That not to say he never gets behind a cause that’s good for others, too. But with Romney, cause is so intertwined with ambition, it’s hard to separate one from the other — until he does it by throwing his own agenda under the bus. That’s what he did with the… Read full this story
- FEELING Good Trumps BEING Good
- Coping With Long Haul Flights
- 20+ Ways to Develop a Good Persuasive Speech Topic
- The Benefits of Obtaining Los Angeles Long Term Care Insurance
- The Long Street Experience
- How to Build Free Long Term Targeted Traffic That Builds and Builds
- When Should You Consider Buying Long Term Care Insurance?
- Indiana Wages Are Rising amid Donald Trump’s ‘Hire American’ Immigration Policy
- Donald Trump Awards Donald Trump Trump's 20th Trump Golf Club Championship
- He Had Me at "Donald Trump"
Romney will stand up to Trump as long as it’s good for Romney have 296 words, post on www.bostonglobe.com at October 6, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.