PHILADELPHIA – Ilene Hochberg Wood’s collection of 3,000 handbags — the majority of which dwell in a 2,400-square-foot Quonset hut on her Lehigh Valley estate — will make a fashionista fall to her knees. Her collection has everything: crossbodies and clutches, wristlets and duffels, hobos and backpacks. There are fun ones like the giant Converse sneaker shoulder bag. Other pieces drip with kitschy nostalgia like a pocketbook stamped with the Hess Brothers department-store logo. However, the real heart-stoppers are Wood’s designer babies. Fashion’s marquee names are all represented: Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Moschino. She has Judith Leiber minaudières, Edie Parker clutches, and Louis Vuitton satchels. We are talking scores of Kellys and Birkins. There are the rare Anne Marie of Paris’ sculptural darlings — of which she has 19. Wood’s most expensive acquisition: a flaming-red, 40-centimetre crocodile Kelly that she estimates to be worth at least $100,000. Wood keeps most of her bags in an impenetrable, stainless steel bunker outfitted with electronic doors and alarms. Wood ordered the bunker online seven years ago from the Army. Half of the space — two Jaguars reside on the other side — is filled with sealed 18-gallon plastic storage bins stacked on top… Read full this story
- FACT CHECK: Viral message on army choppers spraying 'anti-corona pesticides'
- Billionaire bunkers: Where the elite may ride out the coronavirus pandemic
- Indian Army porter injured as Pakistan violates ceasefire along borders: Officials
- Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle Can’t Stop Carrying Tiny Handbags — Shop the Look for Cheap!
- This Meghan Markle-Loved Handbag Brand Rarely Goes on Sale, but Nordstrom Majorly Marked It Down Today
- 4 Pakistani soldiers killed in retaliatory firing by Army after ceasefire violations in J&K
- 'Supergirl': Nia's Origin Revealed in "Bunker Hill"
- Salvation Army Starts Virtual Food Drive To Stock Pantries
- White House keeps up Trump's 'Chinese Coronavirus' pressure saying Spanish Flu, West Nile Virus and Zika were all named after places and urges people to 'stop rooting for America to fail'
- ‘Centre’s reply disturbing’: Supreme Court on permanent commission to women Army officers
She owns 3,000 handbags, and keeps them in an army bunker have 345 words, post on www.thestar.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.