You can rest your mind assure That I’ll be loving you always They’re not here because of a medical crisis — not in the way emergency rooms define it. There are no wounds to be tended or surgeries to be performed. There is hunger, addiction, and homelessness along Methadone Mile. A half dozen twentysomethings get out of the car and get to work. They hand out bottled water, ripe bananas, and freshly cooked protein pasta primavera. “Are you hungry?” “You want some pasta?” “How about a banana?” Every Sunday since June, Celsea Tibbitt has cooked and delivered a couple hundred meals each week. She’s given out over 1,800 meals in four months with just a few friends. People on the sidewalks, some coming from Methadone Mile and nearby parking lots where Bostonians experiencing homelessness and addiction gather, are grateful. Some put the food in their backpacks. Others go tell friends so they can eat. A few find a place to sit and dig in. Last year the number of people experiencing homelessness in Massachusetts grew to 20,068 — the highest in five years. And 616,090 people are grappling with hunger. That’s 1 in 11 people. The numbers are not shocking… Read full this story
- Getty fire threatens posh L.os Angeles homes as blaze in California wine country rages on
- LA's Iconic Miracle Mile Sign Murdered By GMC
- America rocks! Discover a hit song for every mile you travel in California and Arizona
- These are the beautiful, complex Blaxicans of Los Angeles
- Barack Obama Boulevard: Los Angeles City Council Votes Unanimously to Rename Street After Former President
- Los Angeles Sheriff’s Deputies Cleared of Any Wrongdoing in Death of Mitrice Richardson
- Here's Some of the Coolest Cars $3,000 Will Buy You in Los Angeles
- Miles Teller Looks Buff as He Films 'Top Gun: Maverick'
- 2020 Kia Soul Spied in Video Before Los Angeles Debut
- The Truth About Volkswagens And Angels
The angel on Methadone Mile have 319 words, post on www.bostonglobe.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.