For seasoned globetrotters, jet lag is an all-too-familiar part of international travel—the fatigue, the disorientation, and especially that pesky inner alarm that wakes you up at 4:00 a.m. and sends you stumbling back to bed before dinnertime. While there’s no real cure, the advice below explains how to avoid jet lag and which remedies are most likely to help. What Is Jet Lag? Jet lag is a physical reaction to a rapid change in time zones. It affects most travelers, including seasoned flyers like flight attendants and pilots. Common symptoms include disorientation, irritability, insomnia, fatigue, dry eyes, headaches, irregular bowels, and general malaise. Note that flying from, say, New York City to Santiago won’t produce jet lag in the true sense because both cities are in the same time zone—but the effects of the long flight might feel quite a bit like classic jet lag. In these cases, you’re just tired from the flight, and a good night’s sleep and perhaps some exercise will set things right. On long flights—especially red-eye flights—you often lose several hours of sleep time, which can set you back considerably even without the jarring time change. If you live by a regular schedule (up at… Read full this story
- Steering clear of jet lag when flying long-haul
- How to avoid jet lag when you’re flying long-haul
- How to avoid jet lag when you're flying long-haul for your summer holidays
- Six tips for avoiding jet lag when you fly long-haul
- Consultation opens on best ways to battle Northern Ireland trafficking
- The best ways people are using emoji on World Emoji Day
- These New Airport Lounges Are Designed to Fight Jet Lag
- Lawyers claim key evidence at trams inquiry ‘affected by jet-lag’
- Edinburgh trams witness 'was jet-lagged'
- Newlywed thought her post-honeymoon headache was JET LAG – but actually she’d had a stroke caused by her contraceptive pill
The Best Ways to Prevent and Treat Jet Lag have 323 words, post on www.smartertravel.com at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.