NEW ORLEANS – The Latest on the partial collapse of a hotel under construction in New Orleans (all times local): 3:30 p.m. Emergency workers in New Orleans are preparing to enter a partially collapsed building at the edge of the French Quart in hopes of finding two people missing since part of the building came crashing down at mid-morning. The Hard Rock Hotel was under construction when a large section of it collapsed Saturday. One person was killed at the scene. Approximately 20 others were injured. A man who had been unaccounted for turned out to have been at a local hospital. But two other people remain missing and Fire Chief Tim McConnell says rescue workers hope to find them alive. McConnell said only part of the building is considered stable. And a 270-foot (82.3-meter) -tall crane looming over the wreckage also is unstable and in danger of collapse — further complicating rescue efforts. ___ 10 a.m. A large portion of a hotel under construction in New Orleans has suddenly collapsed. YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN… News outlets report several construction workers had to run to safety Saturday as the Hard Rock Hotel, which has been under construction for the… Read full this story
- 1 dead, 9 missing after building collapses in Brazil
- Leading Knowledge Workers: Avoid These 5 Deadly Leadership Sins
- How To Build Muscle And Gain Weight Quickly Part 2
- Building Wealth Quickly - The Best Trading Method For Fast Gains
- How To Build Muscle And Gain Weight Quickly Part 1
- 17 Muscle Building Facts I've Discovered
- I Discovered My Master In Natural Bodybuilding - Who Could Help Me Build More Muscle
- How To Change Your Mindset To Start Building Wealth
- Optimizing Your Dead Links!
- Body Building for Women
The Latest: 1 dead, 2 still missing after building collapse have 287 words, post on www.thestar.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.