AUGUSTA, Ga. – The Latest on the public funeral for international opera star Jessye Norman (all times local): _____ 1:10 p.m. The funeral for international opera icon Jessye Norman has begun in Augusta, Georgia, where the star grew up. A musical prelude began the ceremony Saturday in the William B. Bell Auditorium. Norman’s family proceeded into the auditorium following the performance. The funeral is being livestreamed from Augusta. Actor Laurence Fishburne, who is also from Augusta, will speak during the public service. Performers will include Wycliffe Gordon, J’Nai Bridges and students of Jessye Norman School of the Arts. Norman died Sept. 30 at age 74. She was awarded the National Medal of Arts, the Kennedy Center Honor and four Grammy Awards. _____ YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN… 1:10 a.m. World-famous performers, civil rights leaders and people who know her good works are gathering in international opera star Jessye Norman’s Georgia hometown for her funeral. Norman will be laid to rest Saturday afternoon at the William B. Bell Auditorium in Augusta, Georgia, with a private burial to follow. Actor Laurence Fishburne is expected to speak and musicians Wycliffe Gordon and J’Nai Bridges from the Metropolitan Opera will perform. Get more of… Read full this story
- Behind the scenes with a $70,000 virtual reality rock opera starring self-aware robots
- Hideo Kojima Latest News & Update : It Stars The Walking Dead Actor Norman Reedus? More Elegant Cast Included!
- Respawn Begins Teasing Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order Announcement
- Riot made a League of Legends magical girl anime opening for their latest skin set, the Star Guardians
- Far Cry Primal’s latest art gets the Star Wars treatment
- ‘Resident Evil 7’ news, updates, tips, cheats: Don’t Be Last to Grab Two New Endings for Latest ‘Midnight’ Beginning Hour Demo Update
- Destiny's latest Taken King trailer stars ... you?
- Wield Lightsabers in For Honor During Star Wars Day
- Star Wars: Legion is a starter set, not a complete tabletop experience
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Updated Preview
The Latest: Funeral begins for opera star Jessye Norman have 335 words, post on www.thestar.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.