AKCAKALE, TURKEY — The Latest on Turkey’s invasion of northeastern Syria in a military operation against Syrian Kurdish fighters there (all times local): 3:55 p.m. Lebanon’s top diplomat is calling on the Arab League to restore Syria’s membership amid Turkey’s military offensive in northern Syria. Foreign Minister Gebran Bassil says that readmitting Syria into the pan-Arab organization should be “the first response from the League to the Turkish aggression.” He spoke to the league on Saturday in Cairo.He says: “We can no longer allow any Israeli or Turkish aggression or (aggression) from any party against an Arab state or an Arab people.”Syria’s membership in the 22-member Arab League was suspended in 2011 after the Syrian government’s military crackdown on protesters calling for reforms.Bassil spoke Saturday at an Arab League meeting called by Egypt on Turkey’s invasion of northern Syria.___ 3:10 p.m.The head of the Arab League is calling for Turkey to halt its military offensive in Syria and pull out its forces from the war-torn country.Ahmed Aboul Gheit said Saturday that Turkey’s military operation in northern Syria has resulted in a new wave of displacement and jeopardizes “achievements” made in fighting the Islamic State group.Turkey says it aims to push back… Read full this story
- Syria, Iran dominate Arab League summit
- Arab League Summit: The Political Limits of Ethnic Unity
- Arab League Summit Statement Condemns Chemical Attack, Says Syria Not to Blame
- Iran slams Arab League summit’s final statement
- Arab League backs Morocco’s WC bid
- King Mohammed VI to Attend Arab League Summit in Riyadh
- AFP:Saudi aims to pressure rival Iran at Arab League summit
- Arab League Summit Slams Iran, Chemical Weapons Use In Syria
- Turkey slams Arab League resolution on Afrin operation
- Can the Arab League solve the region's problems?
The Latest: Lebanon FM wants Syria back in Arab League have 309 words, post on www.daytondailynews.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.