Eric D. Lawrence Detroit Free Press Published 4:38 PM EDT Oct 12, 2019 UAW members will see their strike pay increase to $275 per week, effective Sunday. The UAW International Executive Board voted in a motion Saturday for the increase, which is a raise from the current $250 per week rate. The strike against General Motors, involving more than 46,000 UAW members, is nearing the end of its fourth week. The motion also allows members striking GM and Aramark to take on part-time jobs without reducing strike pay as long as they maintain their picket duty. Previously, part-time work that exceeded strike pay would void strike pay, the UAW said. More: One GM plant’s struggle to find UAW strikers and those who won’t give up More: UAW strike costing governments more than $200M per week in lost tax revenue, CAR concludes UAW President Gary Jones framed the strike pay increase as one of shared sacrifice. “UAW members and their families are sacrificing for all of us,” Jones said in a statement. “We are all standing together for our future. This action reflects the UAW commitment and solidarity to all of our members and their families who are taking a courageous stand together… Read full this story
- Hundreds of Harvard Students Walk Out of Class as Dining Hall Workers' Strike Enters Third Week
- This week on "Sunday Morning" (November 17)
- Beverly's Weather Forecast: Winter Storm Watch in Effect Sunday into Monday
- From bright-eyed backpacker to hunger-striking activist: How an Australian private school boy became a 'hero' while serving 11 years in a Bulgarian jail - infuriating guards so much they 'tried to infect him with tuberculosis'
- Amazon blasts Ocasio-Cortez for claiming that the company pays its workers 'starvation wages'
- Court suspends Tharaka-Nithi clinical officers’ strike
- Patriots Hope That Reliving Super Bowl LII Horrors Will Help Sunday Vs. Eagles
- 15 Products That Delighted Us Last Week: From Danish Toothbrushes to Egg Cookers
- Sunday Comics: OW!
- Toni Garrn gives a glimpse of her taut midriff in an emerald green co-ord as she poses up a storm during Milan Fashion Week
UAW boosts strike pay to $275 per week, effective Sunday have 346 words, post on eu.freep.com at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.