A one-time FBI informant-turned-Detroit drug lord will be released from a Florida prison earlier than expected.The Detroit News reports that Richard “White Boy Rick” Wershe Jr. is scheduled to be freed Aug. 17, 2020. His original April 2021 release date has been moved up for good behavior.The 50-year-old Wershe spent three decades behind bars in Michigan on drug charges. He was paroled in 2017 and sent to Florida to serve time for a 2006 conviction involving a car-theft ring while he was imprisoned.Wershe was already an FBI informant at age 14 and helped convict several Detroit drug kingpins. But he was arrested in 1987 with 9,000 grams (317 ounces) of cocaine and $30,000 cash. His story is told in the 2018 movie “White Boy Rick” starring Matthew McConaughey.
- Prosecutors urge denial of early prison release for Madoff
- Afghan conflict: President Ashraf Ghani rejects Taliban prisoner release
- Afghan peace deal hits first snag over prisoner releases
- Afghan President Ghani rejects Taliban prisoner release clause in U.S deal
- Afghan President Ghani rejects Taliban prisoner release under U.S deal
- Taliban rules out taking part in Afghan talks until prisoners released
- Troops withdrawal, prisoners release : Key features of US-Taliban peace deal
- Taliban ready to meet Afghan officials but only on prisoner releases
- Over 160 terrorists released EARLY from prison in the last seven years, ex-minister reveals
- Afghan Leader Rejects Prisoner Release in US-Taliban Deal
'White Boy Rick' scheduled for early Florida prison release have 226 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.