Donald Trump’s raison d’être has been to repeal and replace Barack Obama’s presidency, so why did he choose to replicate what might have been the worst part of his legacy, namely Obama’s infamous “red line” debacle in Syria (which signaled weakness and empowered Russia) and his withdrawal from Iraq (which led to the rise of ISIS)? In case you’ve forgotten, not long ago, Trump was calling Obama literally the founder of ISIS. The literal part was, of course, absurd. But by failing to leave a residual force behind in Iraq, Obama squandered the hard-fought gains made during the Iraq surge, allowing for the rise of the Islamic State. But isn’t that exactly what Trump has done in Syria? According to Kurdish forces on the ground, hundreds of ISIS family members and militants have already escaped. Of course, another problem is that weakness invites provocation. By allowing his red line in Syria to be trampled, Obama signaled weakness to authoritarians like Vladimir Putin. In fact, Donald Trump has been arguing for some time that the reason Russian President Putin was so bold to invade and occupy Crimea was that he had so little “respect” for Barack Obama. The ‘Serious’ Senate Republicans Chiding Trump… Read full this story
- Will Republicans' Attacks on Trump Over Syria Embolden Them on Impeachment?
- US Establishment Media Attack Trump’s Appearance on RT America Program
- As House holds first-ever proxy vote, Republicans attack on campaign trail and in court
- Trump digital director says Facebook helped win the White House
- Donald Trump claims Ivanka, Don Jr. and Eric were all unmasked from U.S. intelligence reports on 'inauguration day' - raising questions over why they featured in them
- Trump Urges Republicans to ‘Get Tougher’ Amid Criticism From Own Party Members – Report
- Republican Congressman Condemns Trump Over Reports U.S. Bombed Own Munitions Storage Bunker in Syria
- The Madness of Donald Trump
- Donald Trump says it was fine for Mike Pompeo to have staffers do chores including dog-walking and dish-washing because 'maybe his wife wasn't there' as he backs firing IG who was investigating secretary of state
- Trump looks to advance unfounded Obama crime conspiracy
Will Republicans' Attacks on Trump Over Syria Embolden Them on Impeachment? have 354 words, post on news.yahoo.com at October 20, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.