Expert opinion: Astrologer Patrice Kamins has shared her advice for how to turn the current Mercury retrograde into a positive experience instead of a dramatic nightmare
An astrologer has revealed why Mercury retrograde could actually work wonders for your self-confidence and your love life – and how you can ensure it serves as a positive force in your life, not the negative nightmare many perceive it to be.
New York-based Patrice Kamins spoke to DailyMail.com about the astrological phenomenon, which began on Halloween, and ends on November 20, revealing: ‘Mercury Retrograde has a bad reputation, but I see it as an opportunity to grow and expand in consciousness.’
‘The best way to deal with Mercury retrograde is to observe and be open to new information or a new perspective on an old situation. Enjoy the surprises, reveals and unexpected inspirations that come your way. Secrets are always revealed whether you are the communicator or the receiver.’
When it comes to love and romance, Patrice said that this Mercury retrograde is the perfect time to experiment with a new look in an attempt to ‘amplify the law of attraction’.
Here, Patrice shares her expert insights into the October 31 retrograde, and how you can use it as a force for good across different areas of your life no matter what your star sign…
Something different: Mercury retrograde is often blamed for all manner of negative issues, be it bad luck, plane crashes or computers breaking
Does Mercury retrograde affect everyone in the same way?
‘This particular Mercury retro is happening in Scorpio, sign of the mystery goddess,’ Patrice explained.
‘We all have Scorpio somewhere in our charts (this is determined by our time of birth) and this is where the main action will happen.’
But not everyone will be affected by Mercury retrograde in the same way; according to Patrice, Geminis and Virgos are likely to feel its effects most strongly.
‘In general, Mercury retrograde will affect those with a strong Gemini or Virgo signature,’ she said.
‘Yet, as these signs are mutable, they are extremely flexible, adaptable, and highly skilled, and this might be the moment to learn to go with the flow.’
What does this Mercury retrograde mean for my life?
This Mercury retrograde, deep dive into your personal transformation! The reemergence or reconnection to the divine feminine allows you to express the most magnetic, healing and sexually powerful aspects of your nature. This is the beauty of your inner star.
During Mercury retrograde periods, we may re-encounter people, relationships and situations from our past that are back for review. Mercury retrograde is an opportunity to reflect on the past but also to deep dive into personal transformation.
Embrace your inner Femme Fatale
Should you chose to, this Mercury retrograde season totally encourages the expression of your inner diva; the ability to experiment with your image can be empowering and allow the emergence of their authentic feminine power.
Because this particular Mercury retrograde is in Scorpio, we are dealing with the powerful goddess energy of the deep feminine, our sexual identity, our passions and desires. Scorpio is the siren, the seductress, the femme fatale who is in touch with their innate creative abilities (sexual energy is creative energy) and strong regenerative abilities.
And because the transit is temporary, if you find your walk on the wild side was just a fling, you can always return to your comfort zone.
Access a hidden part of your personality
Following your instincts or accessing a hidden part of your personality might open you up to attracting a soulmate or discovering the lover and soulmate within.
It’s a perfect time to experiment with a new look, new color palette or explore esoteric interests such as astrology and tarot.
You may ask yourself what color or shade is your Venus (love and style planet)? It’s a pain free way to acknowledge or play with different aspects of yourself.
Time for a psychological deep dive
Additionally it is an opportunity to meet our shadow, which rather than something to be afraid of, is potentially an area of great strength.
We oftentimes suppress our individuality, genius, entrepreneurship, emotional and sexual powers because they do not comport with what we believe others value and this is a time to unleash those restrictions.
Do the psychological deep dive – it’s worth it and brings a greater sense of self love and personal empowerment!
What is Mercury Retrograde?
Mercury Retrograde is a common planetary phenomenon which occurs when Mercury, the planet closest to the sun, appears to move ‘backwards’ – east to west rather than west to east – across the sky.
This apparent reversal in Mercury’s orbit is actually just an illusion to people viewing it from Earth.
The event was first written about in British astrology circles as far back as the mid-18th century, during a time when spiritualism and the stars were a huge craze.
Because the Roman god Mercury was said to govern travel, business, personal wealth and communication, astrologers linked the planet Mercury to those areas as well.
The significance of the event has become so exaggerated today that it’s blamed for everything from missed flights and crashed computers to workplace tensions and broken household appliances.
Mercury becomes Retrograde three or four times a year, for about three weeks at a time.
Source: Mental Floss
- The best lockdown activities based on your STAR SIGN: Astrologer reveals how best to spend your time at home - including crafts for Taurus and blogging for Gemini
- Stacey Dooley reveals she's making a documentary about the coronavirus pandemic as she urges fans to get in touch with their tales of self-isolation
- Carrie Symonds has coronavirus too: Boris Johnson's pregnant fiancee reveals she has been in bed for seven days with symptoms of disease that has also put the Prime Minister into isolation
- Whirlwind Romances and Crushing Heartbreak: Inside Jennie Garth's Sometimes Messy Journey to Love
- Life After Nickelodeon: Jennette McCurdy Grows Up
- Corona Chronicles: Bethenny Frankel’s BStrong Donates Test Kits, An Actor Reveals Diagnosis, and Other Personal Stories
- The Rev Paul Nicolson – a campaigning life in letters
- Women in New York giving birth alone may be facing their ‘worst nightmare’
- Sushant Singh Rajput parties with flatmate Siddharth Gupta
- Sanjay Dutt joins cast of Ashutosh Gowariker's next production with Rajiv Kapoor
- Transcript: John Kasich's Family Town Hall With CNN
- Weekly horoscope for February 9 – 15 – your week ahead according to Kerry King and her tarot cards
- Weekly horoscope for December 16 – 22 – your week ahead according to Kerry King and her tarot cards
- Weekly horoscope for March 29 – April 4 – your week ahead according to Kerry King and her tarot cards
- Stripped bare: Colbie Caillat sends a powerful message about acceptance as
- After coronavirus: 'We can't go back to business as usual'
- I almost lost myself and my mom to the verge of depression: Amala Paul
- Is There Any Hope for
- Hispano Suiza Carmen Gets Electric Powertrain With 1,005 HP
- Amala Paul Pens A Heartfelt Note On Father’s Death: Says Losing A Parent Is A Major Downfall
Astrologer reveals how Mercury retrograde could improve your LOVE LIFE, as she urges people to embrace their 'inner diva' and experiment with a bold new look to find a soulmate have 1157 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.