BETHESDA, MD — A 39-year-old woman is behind bars after police said she assaulted an elderly man and abducted his granddaughter in Bethesda Monday evening.
Montgomery County police have charged Yashica Terry, of Bethesda, with crimes to include child abduction, kidnapping, and first-degree assault.
The kidnapping and assault took place shortly after 6:45 p.m. on Monday in the heart of downtown Bethesda. Authorities determined that the grandfather was holding hands with his granddaughter while walking on Woodmont Avenue, near Norfolk Avenue, when Terry violently shoved him from behind — causing him to fall to the ground.
Terry then grabbed the grandchild, 4, and pulled her into a nearby store, police said.
The 76-year-old grandfather, who police said was seriously injured from the fall, called 911.
Officers arrived on the scene and found Terry, who was reportedly keeping the child behind clothing racks. Employees told police that the woman had been yelling at personnel and threatening to harm them.
Police safely removed the child from the store and took Terry into custody. According to police, Terry told officers that she “felt the vibe between the male and child was off.”
Terry is being held without bond.
The grandfather was taken to a local hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries. The child was unharmed and reunited with her parents.
- Washington Woman Raped 3-year-old Girl and Posted Video on Internet, Court Documents Say
- Police Kill Black Teen But Charge 16-Year-Old Girl With Murder For The Shooting
- Nashville police charge 17-year-old in attack at Walden Village Lane apt
- Troopers charge 19-year-old woman with robbery in Central Square shooting
- Police: Woman Drove 4-Year-Old Boy While Under Influence of Narcotic
- German woman charged over years in IS-controlled Syria
- Police: Lafayette woman attacked 66-year-old man with his cane
- Florida Woman Made 13-Year-Old Girl Walk Naked In Public: Police
- Police charge 15-year-old Philadelphia mom after newborn found dumped in trash
- A Utah woman allegedly killed her ex-husband’s girlfriend. She was decorating a Christmas tree with the woman’s 3-year-old twins.
- Kurt Angle's 16-year-old Niece Abducted in Pennsylvania, Police Issue Amber Alert
- KERRY HUBARTT COLUMN: Solving 30-year old Tinsley murder case top story of 2018
- 81-year-old Nursing Home Patient Charged With Attempted Murder of 76-year-old Woman
- Charge filed in robbery of 72-year-old woman in Cleveland church parking lot
- Man charged in deadly beating of sleeping 94-year-old Honduran woman visiting family in Cleveland
- Man, woman charged after children found in Augusta home in 'deplorable' condition
- 70-Year-Old Woman Accused of Running Retail Fraud Ring That Paid Addicts to Steal Arrested
- Woman in Prison For Raping 14-Year-Old Boy Seeks to Toss Damages Lawsuit, Says Teen Agreed to Relationship
- Son of Former NFL Player Accused of Raping 18-Year-Old Woman
- Man, woman charged in death of 4-year-old found dead in trash bag at vacant Cleveland home
Bethesda Woman Charged With Abducting 4-Year-Old In Downtown Area have 443 words, post on patch.com at November 19, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.