SAN DIEGO COUNTY, CA – The following is a collection of police, fire and courtroom stories from this week across San Diego County.
A body was found Thursday in the ocean near a Sunset Cliffs-area neighborhood where authorities had been searching for a missing man.
The accident caused at least 35 gallons of diesel fuel to spill onto the freeway, the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department said.
A motorist suffered serious injuries Thursday morning when his car crashed into a wall on an I-8 transition ramp in the Mission Valley area.
The victim, described only as female, died at the scene, sheriff’s Lt. Michelle Craig said.
John Cowan Patch, 26, is accused of striking a man in the head with a wrench outside a 7-Eleven store in San Diego, resulting in his death.
At least four masked suspects, one armed with a gun, robbed a jewelry store in National City Tuesday evening.
Jury selection began Wednesday for the trial of a La Jolla restaurant owner accused of drugging and sexually assaulting eight women.
A class-action lawsuit alleges the government is using “misrepresentations, threats and intimidation” to deter migrants from seeking asylum.
An American teenager was arrested after using a remote-controlled car to smuggle meth over the U.S.-Mexico border, officials said.
Three Cal Fire San Diego firefighters suffered minor injuries while dousing a blaze at a home in a rural area near Julian, authorities said.
An SUV struck and killed a 63-year-old woman as she was crossing a street in the Talmadge area, police said Tuesday.
A car struck and killed a pedestrian Tuesday near Brengle Terrace Park.
A man was jailed on suspicion of seriously injuring another man with a hatchet during a fight at an Escondido transit center, police said.
A Carlsbad man suffered severe injuries when he lost control of his speeding car and struck a tree on a Carlsbad street, police said.
A homeless man who fatally stabbed his boyfriend in Balboa Park last year was sentenced Monday to five years in state prison.
An inmate who died at San Diego Central Jail two months ago succumbed to a drug overdose, authorities reported Monday.
Sabrina Rosario secured a restraining order against her estranged husband one day before she and four of her sons were shot at their home.
Deputies arrested 25 suspects over the weekend during a warrant sweep targeting the city of San Diego, sheriff’s officials said.
The pedestrian died at the scene and the CHP shut down the transition road between the two freeways.
A man died over the weekend when he was struck by a big rig in the University Heights area of San Diego, authorities said.
The mansion, which had seven bedrooms and nine bathrooms, is listed on the Zillow website for nearly $11 million.
A man is believed to have killed three children and their mother before shooting himself. Another injured child was rushed to the hospital.
- Runaway Inmate; Sex Abuse Suit: IB, San Diego County Police Log
- Standoff; Pursuits; Crashes: Imperial Beach, SD County Police Log
- San Diego faces critical earthquake danger from fault long believed to be inactive
- Home Depot Robbery; ICE Arrests: Dixon, North Bay Police Logs
- Home Depot Robbery; ICE Arrests: Napa, North Bay Police Logs
- Drugs seized in 6 of the largest fentanyl busts were enough to kill 229 million Americans
- Newsletter: Weinstein goes to prison
- 11 Rescued, Others Missing Off Coast Of Del Mar
- Trump administration opens new legal front in battle against 'sanctuary' jurisdictions
- Prop. 50 would let legislators harshly punish errant colleagues
- Legal System practices Catholic "Dangerous Psychology" is Demonic
- Judges practice their Catholic upbringing in Court: A Cruel Trap
- Clearview’s Facial Recognition App Has Been Used By The Justice Department, ICE, Macy’s, Walmart, And The NBA
- Global Warming Deniers Well Funded
- The 14 other key races to watch on Super Tuesday
- Murder, Rape & Suicide: How An Obama Era ‘Diversity’ Directive Ushered Injustice Into Our Public Schools
- Newsletter: What ‘community spread’ means for the coronavirus
- ‘Scarlet letter statute’: L.A.’s adult performers strike back against state registry bill
- DHS Secretary McAleenan Reveals Top Immediate Fix Needed To Help Border Crisis
- 'Venom': Who Is Riot?
Hatchet Fight; Smuggling Scheme: IB, San Diego County Police Log have 909 words, post on patch.com at November 22, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.