A father tragically killed in a motorcycle crash just weeks before the birth of his fourth child has been remembered as a family man ‘always eager to help others’.
Callun Winter, 35, from Stafford Heights in Brisbane‘s north, was riding his bike on the Gateway Motorway at Bracken Ridge around 4pm Tuesday when it collided with a car and truck.
He died at the scene, leaving behind his children Qila, 13, Xamia, 6, Ezra, 5, and wife Karen, 39, who is due to to give birth at the end of November.
Callun Winter (pictured), 35, from Stafford Heights in Brisbane’s north, was riding his motorcycle on the Gateway Motorway at Bracken Ridge around 4pm Tuesday when it collided with a car and truck
Now a GoFundMe page has been set up to support Karen, currently 36 weeks pregnant, as she adjusts to balancing life with a newborn and raising three kids without her husband.
‘I know money won’t bring Callun back to support Karen while she gives birth, give him even 5 seconds to meet his unborn baby,’ the fundraising page reads.
'[or] stop Xamia and Ezra crying at night because they want Callun to cuddle them goodnight, support Qila as she grows through her teenage years, or even bring Callun back to carve up the Christmas roast.
‘What this will do is remove one stress off Karen at this difficult time, assist with funeral arrangements, pay tuckshop when Karen can’t make lunches, buy nappies for their baby and hopefully help support her so she will not have to stress about returning to work with a newborn baby.’
He (right) died at the scene, leaving behind his children Qila, 13, Xamia, 6, Ezra, 5, and wife Karen (left), 39, who is due to to give birth at the end of November.
Dean Winter, 40, Callun’s older brother, told Daily Mail Australia that Callun had only had his motorbike licence for a month but ‘he was the type of guy that once he got a bee in his bonnet he gave it his all’.
‘There are so many people he touched during his life. He was always able to offer advice and made everyone around him feel confident,’ he said.
‘He was always available to help and would always look or an opportunity to help people.’
He (centre) was the youngest of three boys, after older brother Bryce, 37 (left) (pictured with Dean right)
Dean said his youngest brother adored his family, and that he and Karen had decided to keep the sex of the baby a surprise until its birth.
‘Unfortunately Callun will never know the sex of his youngest child,’ Dean said.
Mr Winter was a cabinet maker for Finecraft Furniture and had a huge presence in the remote control car community in Brisbane.
He was the youngest of three boys, after older brother Bryce, 37.
The Winters had been together for a couple of years before they married 2012 and were described by family as the ‘perfect match’.
Mr Winter will be farewelled in a ceremony on Wednesday at the family church in Chermside.
The Winters had been together for a couple years before they married 2012 and were described by family as the ‘perfect match
- Recap: Heavily-pregnant Kate Middleton joins the Queen for Easter Sunday church service just weeks before birth of third child
- Brazil striker Hulk, 35, announces his ex wife's niece, 32, is pregnant with his fourth child
- Dad, 29, killed in car crash just a day after finding out fiancée is pregnant
- Bodybuilder football star Hulk ditched his wife to be with her gorgeous niece, who is now expecting his fourth child
- Widow of Marine Rylee McCollum, Who Was Killed in Afghanistan Airport Attack, Gives Birth to Baby
- Wife Of Marine Killed In Kabul Terror Bombing Gives Birth To Baby Girl
- Tragic John Challis was set for a TV reunion with Sir David Jason just weeks before his death
- Southwest, United, Delta and American Airlines sites all CRASH just hours after Biden-Putin cyberattack talks
- Stacey Solomon on struggle to get home ready and 'disappointing herself' ahead of birth
- Afghan refugee accused of raping and killing a girl of 13 in Austria sneaked into Britain on Channel boat under a false name
- Just Wait Till Your Father Gets Home
- The children of 9/11: How the loss of a father they never met shaped their lives
- They wanted a new life in America. Instead they were killed by the US military
- Family ‘devastated’ after man killed in paragliding crash with ‘human swan’ during round-the-UK record challenge
- Netflix: The 52 best TV shows to watch this week
- Mum, 20, accidentally killed her baby when she collapsed on her after giving birth
- Haiti comes to Texas: Unbelievable pictures capture third world conditions in migrant camp under Del Rio bridge
- Former hostage says extremists killed child, raped wife
- Superbike star Dean Berta Vinales dies aged just 15 when his bike crashes in race
- The Queen gave birth at home: Princess Anne, Prince Charles & more fascinating stories
Pictured: Father tragically killed in a motorbike crash just weeks before his wife was due to give birth to their fourth child have 828 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 2, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.