A new Tet (Lunar New Year) Festival 2020 will be organised in HCM City from January 3 to January 5 next year to honor Viet Nam’s cultural and culinary values.
The Vietnam Culinary Culture Association, in coordination with the HCM City Department of Tourism, is organising the festival, which is scheduled to take place at Le Van Tam Park with five major activities: Tet rituals, food, games and performances, and a Tet market.
The festival will be targeted to younger generations and will be about customs, stories and myths related to Tet.
Le Tan, vice president and general secretary of the association, and general director of Tet Festival, said the event would help stimulate young generations’ love for culture and national pride.
“If young people and foreigners are able to experience, understand and love Viet Nam’s traditional activities, then we will have done our job well!” said Le Tan.
Stories about Tet will be dramatised and displayed in objects for spectators to enjoy. Vietnamese culinary arts will be combined with Tet folk games to help children and tourists understand the Vietnamese Tet.
Nguyen Quoc Ky, chairman of the Vietnam Culinary Culture Association, and co-organiser of Tet Festival 2020, said the festival was a good starting point for future programmes to promote Vietnamese culture and cuisine.
The festival also aims to help HCM City in particular and Viet Nam in general attract more international tourists through cultural and culinary experiences in festive activities.
The festival will be free of charge to the public. It is expected to attract more than 40,000 visitors during its three days.
The HCM City Department of Tourism said it would be held yearly on the weekend of the first week of the twelfth lunar month to enable families and tourists to experience the Tet Holiday, have fun, and go shopping before the official holiday period takes place.
Hoang Vu, director of the Department of Tourism, said the city would organise a series of lother international festivals to promote Vietnamese cultural values. — VNS
- HCM City Hockey Federation established
- HCM City aims to become regional financial centre
- HCM City seeks to improve traceability of agricultural products
- New school year in HCM City to start in early September
- HCM City approves 155-year-old flagpole renovation
- HCM City to charge fee for sewerage to reduce flooding
- HCM City struggles with class shortage at public schools
- HCM City’s District 2 to become financial centre
- Lam Son Park reopened in HCM City
- HCM City boasts opportunities for US partners: Municipal leader
- Ministry approves HCM City-Long Thanh expressway expansion
- Photo exhibitions held in HCM City to mark 75th National Day
- Industry firms benefits from HCM City’s investment stimulus programme
- More than 300 artists join HCM City’s Don ca tai tu festival
- HCM City Red Cross Society honors outstanding blood donors
- Public universities in HCM City to hike tuition
- Russian officials in HCM City honored with insignias
- HCM City gets new healthcare facilities
- HCM City should become a smart and modern city soon: PM
- HCM City boasts opportunities for U.S. partners: Municipal leader
Tet Festival 2020 to open in HCM City in January have 503 words, post on bizhub.vn at November 18, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.