After just two games with their starting lineup back together, the Rockets expect to be shorthanded again.
ON HOUSTONCHRONICLE.COM: Russell Westbrook makes his point about Patrick Beverley and defensive reputations
Forward Danuel House Jr., who left Wednesday’s game with a sore shoulder after running into a Nikola Jokic screen in Denver, is considered questionable to play Friday against the Clippers. Ben McLemore, who filled in for House when House went out with a bruised back last week, would start.
“It looks pretty good for Sunday, depending on how the shoulder feels,” Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni said of when House might return.
McLemore has struggled in the past two games after scoring 21 points against the Pacers and 20 against the Timberwolves last week. He has made 3 of 16 shots, 2 of 12 3-pointers, in the two games since House returned to the starting lineup.
“He’s trying to find his way,” D’Antoni said. “I told him he has until about March to prove it. He’s fine. We hope he gets a little more consistent. It’s a normal process he goes through.”
With House questionable, the Rockets recalled forward Gary Clark from the Vipers in the G League. The Vipers play a Friday-Saturday back-to-back so House would have received extending playing time, indicating the move was made for depth with House possibly out.
TEXAS SPORTS NATION: Get the newsletter for real sports fans sent directly to your inbox.
- Jaguars CB Ramsey active, in starting lineup vs Titans
- Doc Rivers says Clippers could rotate their starting lineup
- QUIZ: Name the starting lineups of Super Bowl XLII
- Microsoft Introduces the Starting Lineup for Visual Studio 11
- Wyoming OL Velazquez returns to starting lineup after injury
- Ask Yourself These Questions Before Starting a New Workout to Get Better Results
- Rockets 'have the team to beat’ next season, Austin Rivers says
- Why has Rapinoe been left out of USWNT lineup?
- The Houston Rockets’ rock-bottom was always predictable
- How the Rockets and Sixers can both win in a Jimmy Butler trade