LSU Tax Seminar set over 2 daysRegistration is open until Jan. 3 for the 2020 LSU Tax Seminar on Jan. 9-10 at the Business Education Complex at LSU.The event is designed for tax practitioners, lawyers, accountants, auditors and enrolled agents. Each day is worth eight CPE hours or 16 hours for both days. The Department of Accounting in the E.J. Ourso College of Business has applied for the seminar to be approved for 13.7 CLE tax specialization hours for both days.Topics on Thursday include recent tax bills, filing requirements and exemptions, gross income — inclusions and exclusions, gains and losses, retirement plans and distributions, adjustments to income and small business developments.The second day is a continuation of the update of current federal tax developments affecting tax returns for the coming tax season. The seminar also provides tax practitioners with an update of virtual currency, evaluation of authorities, preparer penalties, capitalized carrying costs, section 1202 and qualified opportunity zone rules.The keynote speaker is James Hasselback, an adjunct faculty member at LSU. He retired from Florida State University after 27 years and previously taught at the University of Florida, Texas A&M University and Eastern Michigan University. He has published more than 165… Read full this story
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans area Business Briefs for March 8, 2020
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans area People in Business for March 8, 2020
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans People in Business for March 15, 2020
- Baton Rouge area Business Briefs for March 15, 2020
- Tom Hanks to star in new World War II movie filming in Baton Rouge in 2018
- Matt Sigur: Waitr announces restaurant incubator lab and more Baton Rouge restaurant news
- Matt Sigur: Pelican House to close and more Baton Rouge restaurant news
- Sharon Weston Broome sworn in as Baton Rouge's mayor-president
- Pelican House to close; co-owner implores Baton Rouge to raise 'culinary standards'
- Baton Rouge council delays approving debris hauling contract, hampering blight fight efforts
Baton Rouge, New Orleans area Business Briefs for Dec. 8, 2019 have 318 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.