CHELSEA outcast Marcos Alonso could be on his way out of Stamford Bridge in January, with two of his former Blues managers keen.
The club’s transfer ban being lifted could see Frank Lampard move for a new left back next month – with Ben Chilwell a rumoured target.
This would enable him to discard out-of-favour Spanish international Alonso and use Emerson Palmieri as back-up, along with Cesar Azpilicueta who has lost his starting spot at right-back to Reece James.
Inter are managed by Antonio Conte, under whom Alonso played his best football at Chelsea.
The Italian’s favoured back-three formation would suit Alonso, who has struggled since being asked to play as part of a back four at Chelsea.
The 28-year-old largely remained a regular under Maurizio Sarri last season, although the now-Juventus boss did bring Emerson into the team at times in the second half of the campaign.
And while the link to Sarri’s Juve initially seems curious – club chiefs are reportedly keen on securing competition for experienced left-back Alex Sandro in Turin.
Inter are currently two points clear of Juve at the top of Serie A, but Conte has frequently complained at not securing the targets he wanted.
This, despite being allowed to sign the likes of Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku and Diego Godin in the summer.
As for Chelsea, neither Alonso nor Emerson have convinced Lampard they’re good enough to be regular starters this season.
Alonso hasn’t featured at all in the Premier League since October 26.
LATEST CHELSEA NEWS
West Ham to pile pressure on Arsenal as Ljungberg’s men fail to hold on to win
Chelsea news LIVE: Latest updates and gossip from Stamford Bridge
Everton investigate alleged homophobic chanting during win over Chelsea
Chelsea news LIVE: All the reaction and gossip as transfer ban is lifted
Chelsea transfer blow as target Atal suffers serious injury and is out for months
CITY SHUN SAN
Man Utd and Chelsea boost in Sancho pursuit as ‘Man City reject buy-back’
ALL GO FOR PEDRO
Aston Villa want cut-price deal for Chelsea outcast Pedro in January
Chelsea ‘to smash record transfer fee for £100m Blues fan Jadon Sancho’
Lampard to assess fitness of Rudiger before deciding whether to move for Ake
And Lampard has recently decided to switch Azpilicueta to the troublesome left back position, with young prodigy James starting at right back.
With their transfer ban having now been lifted, Chelsea could make a push to sign Ben Chilwell, but will face almighty resistance from Leicester City.
Manchester City are also keen on the England international.
- Chelsea star Marcos Alonso reveals dream to return to Spain amid Barcelona transfer interest
- Chelsea 'consider offering Ruben Loftus-Cheek' in Inter Milan swap deal proposal
- Chelsea considering Wolves star Rayan Ait-Nouri transfer to rival Ben Chilwell with Marcos Alonso set to join Barcelona
- Chelsea 'request third Inter Milan star' in Romelu Lukaku swap deal counter-offer
- Chelsea star Romelu Lukaku's coy three-word message when quizzed on Inter Milan transfer
- Inter Milan 'willing to offer Chelsea two players' in Romelu Lukaku swap deal transfer
- Tottenham set ‘to bid’ £77m for Inter Milan ace Lautaro Martinez with Antonio Conte ‘crazy’ about transfer
- Inter Milan 'make second star available to Tottenham' as move 'does not appeal' to Bastoni
- Chelsea enquire about Milan Skriniar as they look to hijack Tottenham’s transfer for Inter Milan defender
- Chelsea join Manchester United in race to sign Inter Milan defender Denzel Dumfries
- Chelsea outcast Romelu Lukaku ‘willing to take £3m-a-year PAY CUT to end Stamford Bridge hell for Inter Milan transfer’
- Chelsea set to end Romelu Lukaku misery as 'improved offer' emerges in Inter Milan talks
- Arsenal ‘submit £30m bid for in-demand Sassuolo striker Gianluca Scamacca amid Inter Milan transfer interest’
- Chelsea set for second transfer exit as Romelu Lukaku nears Inter Milan return
- Chelsea learn price they must pay to sign Milan Skriniar after '£43m bid for ace rejected'
- Most expensive signings ever AFTER inflation with Ronaldo’s Inter Milan deal worth £380m and Maradona costing £300m
- Chelsea and Tottenham in transfer blow as Lautaro Martinez reveals he wants to stay at Inter Milan next season
- Chelsea recommended two options to replace Romelu Lukaku if striker rejoins Inter Milan
- Inter Milan paying less than £7million to bring Romelu Lukaku back on loan
- Four Inter Milan stars Manchester United must consider with double major sale required
Chelsea outcast Marcos Alonso set for January transfer with Inter Milan and Juventus preparing bids have 770 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.