OAKLAND (KPIX 5) – An audit of homelessness services looks to determine just how many encampments there are and if clearing them is the best use of public money. Oakland City Auditor Courtney Ruby and Councilmember Nikki Fortunado Bas partnered together to launch this audit, which both say is long overdue. “If you go to encampments, someone who doesn’t have shelter, we are not successful right now,” Ruby said.“We actually need evaluations of whether we are hitting the goals that we set out to achieve,” Fortunado Bas said. Bas and Ruby connected on the campaign trail last year and formed a partnership to make the audit a reality. Ruby says Bas led the effort from day one. “It was so wonderful for Nikki to come on board and immediately shine a light on the encampment process and start to get real answers…the audit should shine a light on whether our strategies are effective or not. At the end of the day, it’s my job to hold city hall accountable that we move the needle on this crisis,” Ruby said. The audit seeks to find hard data on how many encampments there are, the cost of the current encampment management program,… Read full this story
- How Does Homelessness in California Compare With Other States?
- 2009 Oakland Raiders Fantasy Football Preview
- Horrific moment two sisters mock disabled homeless woman for being a 'HUNCHBACK' then beat her senseless breaking her nose and eye socket
- Don's Hobby Shop launches 'costume campaign' to support Inn from the Cold
- Man who fell down open manhole in Midtown Manhattan before his body was partially eaten away by RATS is identified as a 'homeless' 41-year-old
- ‘Our innocence was stolen:’ Priest molestation victims file lawsuit against Oakland Diocese
- California to launch America's first statewide earthquake early warning system
- Provincial audit finds irregularities in awarding of contracts by EMSB
- Memoir Writing - A Sure Way to Launch a Story
- ClearTax launches automated GSTR-9 filing software to help businesses
Oakland Launches Homelessness Audit have 322 words, post on sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com at January 13, 2020. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.