US President Donald Trump on Friday morning tweeted a picture which resulte in a barrage of tweets, saying it’s in bad taste and that the President should resign.
The altered picture shows Trump standing in hallway of a room, leaning on a pillar by the window and his predecessor, Barack Obama, outside looking at him through binoculars. Obama is shown using vacuum suction cup, often shown in Hollywood movies being used by spies, to hold onto the window. The window is seen a few floors above the ground.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 24, 2020
The picture soon led to a flurry of tweets. One user said Obama wanted to see what an impeached president looks like.
“Obama just wanted to see what an impeached president looks like,” said a Twitter user Ants.
Obama just wanted to see what an impeached president looks like
— Ants (@AntsInOK) January 24, 2020
“Do you have any idea just how ridiculous you are,” said another user Jeff Tiedrich.
do you have any idea just how ridiculous you are
— Jeff Tiedrich (@itsJeffTiedrich) January 24, 2020
“#DonaldTrump will always be jealous of President Obama, and will never measure up,” said a tweet from Jules Morgan.
#DonaldTrump will always be jealous of President Obama, and will never measure up. 😳
— Jules Morgan (@glamelegance) January 24, 2020
The tweet was posted at 8:10 am IST and within half an hour, it was retweeted 17,000 times.
More than two years ago, the US President had left Twitter baffled when he posted, a little after midnight, “Despite the constant negative press covfefe.” The word ‘covfefe’, which was left hanging for about six hours, led many Twitter users wonder what the President meant by the word.
“Does no one on staff have his password? Have they tried the most common ones? 123456, or 11111, or, like … “password”?” said a Twitter user Clive Thompson.
Does no one on staff have his password? Have they tried the most common ones? 123456, or 11111, or, like … “password”?
— Clive Thompson (@pomeranian99) May 31, 2017
“I was about to go to bed but I guess i have to stare at this covfefe tweet until it goes away now,” said another user Ashley Feinberg.
I was about to go to bed but I guess i have to stare at this covfefe tweet until it goes away now
— Ashley Feinberg (@ashleyfeinberg) May 31, 2017
The tweet was finally deleted by Trump. But not before it turned into a phenomenon.
Trump is facing impeachment trial after the Democrats in the House of Representatives accused him of withholding military aid and a White House meeting to pressure Ukraine to investigate a political rival, former Vice President Joe Biden, who is seeking the Democratic nomination to face-off against Trump in November’s presidential election.
The trial is currently going on in the Senate or Upper House of the US Congress. Republicans, who control the Senate, have continually voiced support for the president.
However, it is certain to cast a shadow over the November 2020 presidential election.
- Donald Trump blasts ‘disaster’ Biden administration - ‘Our Country is being destroyed’
- Kellyanne Conway's daughter shares dislike of Donald Trump, urges followers to form their own opinions
- Donald Trump called dead US soldiers 'suckers' and 'losers', report claims
- Donald Trump accused of 'more recklessness' over retweeting Jeffrey Epstein conspiracy theory
- Donald Trump's communication platform SHUT DOWN - but why?
- Donald Trump's tweets are a lot less popular than Barack Obama
- Joe Biden Defeats Donald Trump in Historic Presidential Campaign
- Donald Trump is 'Still the King': Journalists on Interviewing the Former President at Mar-a-Lago
- What Donald Trump has said about a $2,000 stimulus check for Americans
- A president's legacy: Donald Trump was all about Donald Trump, from start to finish
- Dad & Activist Dying of ALS Deems Donald Trump an 'Existential Threat' During DNC Speech
- Trump Campaign Bizarrely Edits His Head Onto Greta Thunberg's Body on Her TIME Magazine Cover
- Melania's Rep Speaks Out After Trump Mocked a Teenager on Twitter: They 'Communicate Differently'
- What’s Next for Protest Art in the Trump Era?
- No Target Too Small, Trump Intervenes to Oust Ohio’s G.O.P. Chair
- 25 ways America changed during the Trump administration
- Trump Faces Uproar Over Reported Remarks Disparaging Fallen Soldiers
- Trump allies call for nixing certification, picking electors after "compromised" Pennsylvania election
- America’s Most Loved Brand? The Post Office—No Matter What President Trump Says
- Cardi B Slams Trump Amid Government Shutdown in Heated Expletive-Filled Rant: 'This S— Is Crazy'
‘Ridiculous’, ‘jealous of Obama’: Twitter reacts to US President Donald Trump’s latest post have 719 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at January 24, 2020. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.