Email Updated February 12, 2020 06:32:15 Photo: WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus likened the coronavirus to a terrorist threat. (AP: Salvatore Di Nolfi/Keystone) Related Story: ‘It’s very unfair’: The trapped Aussies who missed the evacuation flights out of Wuhan Related Story: The flu has killed millions. Here’s what makes coronavirus a different kind of threat Related Story: ‘Frogmarched off to a room’: Australian with coronavirus reveals moment she found out she was infected Map: China The World Health Organisation (WHO) has said the first vaccine targeting the new coronavirus could be 18 months away and warned of a global threat potentially worse than terrorism. Key points:A British man was dubbed a “super-spreader” of the virus, with six UK cases linked to himPotential new coronavirus case tested in Australian on board a quarantined cruise shipMore than 1,000 people have died and more than 43,000 people have been infected WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters in Geneva the vaccine lag meant “we have to do everything today using available weapons” and said the epidemic posed a “very grave threat”.”To be honest, a virus is more powerful in creating political, economic and social upheaval than any terrorist attack,” Dr Ghebreyesus said. “A… Read full this story
- Iran's president blames US for terror attack on military parade
- Terror attacks worldwide declined in 2017, says State Department
- FBI Warns Drones ‘Will Be Used’ by ISIS, MS-13 to Attack U.S.
- 9/11 Anniversary: How Safe is America After 17 Years of War on Terror?
- Man in Florida arrested in connection with mail bombs sent to public figures
- Iran Warns Saudi Arabia Not to 'Cross Our Red Lines' or Else 'We Will Surely Cross Yours'
- Halloween truck attack: One year later, a changing face of terrorism
- Iran: U.S.' ally aided attackers
- Wails, vows of revenge at Iran funeral after parade attack
- Is U.S. Going to Attack Syria Again? Russia Thinks So and It's Getting Ready for Action
WHO warns coronavirus, now dubbed COVID-19, is 'public enemy number 1' and more powerful than terrorism attack have 313 words, post on www.abc.net.au at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.