IBUPROFEN doesn’t make coronavirus symptoms worse, a new study has found. Research, led by experts at King’s College London, found anti-inflammatories are safe for coronavirus patients to use – but warns they probably won’t ease symptoms either. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates It comes after French health minister Olivier Veran suggested that anti-inflammatory drugs could worsen the infection. And one of the country’s top scientists, Sir Patrick Vallance, suggested people should not take ibuprofen to treat Covid-19. The NHS also updated its guidance to advise people to take paracetamol, rather than ibuprofen, to ease coronavirus symptoms. New findings However, this latest study found there is no evidence for or against the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for patients with Covid-19.Researchers from KCL and Guy’s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, also found that other types of drugs, such as TNF blockers and JAK inhibitors – used to treat arthritis or other forms of inflammation -are safe to use. The team analysed 89 existing studies on other coronavirus strains, including SARS and MERS, as well as the limited data on Covid-19. They were looking to find out if certain drugs used by people already… Read full this story
- A crop of new startups promise to make going to the doctor easier and cheaper. I put them to the test.
- New Year's resolution: Make your friends and family get rid of garbage apps
- [Hands-On] Google Contacts web rolls out a better looking Material Design interface to everyone
- Why Your Team Sucks 2017: New England Patriots
- Ibuprofen: Dosage, Side Effects & Other Facts
- The Flu (Influenza): Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
- Bill and Melinda Gates are backing a new tool that lets you type in any illness symptoms and learn what’s ailing you
- Electrical Stimulation Makes Old Brains Act Young Again
- How New York City Is Tackling Extreme Heat in a Warming World
- Measles: Symptoms, Treatment and Vaccination
New findings show ibuprofen ‘doesn’t make coronavirus symptoms better OR worse’ have 316 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.